Chapter 4

*Alex's POV*

Today is a day off and Charlie is in the living room playing with his toys. As he is playing, I decided to contact the foster home's caretaker. I really have to find out why Charlie doesn't talk. It's been almost four weeks since he been living with me and he hasn't said a word.

M- Mary, A- Alex

M- hello?
A- hi, this is Alex Morgan. I had adopted Charlie a couple of weeks ago.
M- oh. Ms Morgan. How can I help you? Is everything good with little Charlie?
A- everything is great with Charlie and yeah you can help me. I want to know the past of Charlie. I have to know why he doesn't speak.
M- oh. Are you sure you really want to know?
A- yes please. I need to know everything.
M- okay. Let me get everything out. Okay. Well Charlie was born as Charlie Anderson Jr. Born on July 13th, 2008, in Manhattan, New York. His birth parents are Charlie Anderson Sr and Anna Anderson. His father died from a drug overdose. And his mother was sentenced two months in prison for child abuse.
A- what did his birth mother do to him?
M- well his mother locked him in the bathroom and leave him there for days. She would beat him and make him starve. She would also molest him.
A- and she only recieved two months of prison?
M- with four years of probation.
A- I can't believe this.
M- Ms Morgan, I really hope Charlie will get close to you. I really hope he starts talking because of you. The only reason why his birth mother had a two month sentence is because Charlie wouldn't speak. So if Charlie starts talking, there's a chance that he couldn't make his mother stay longer.
A- okay. Thank you.
M- no problem. Good day now.
A- good day.

Okay so, this is not what I expected of Charlie's past. This was worse then I imagined. How could a parent do this to their child? Who could possibly hurt a small innocent child? I know I wouldn't. Why would a mother starve her child?

I put my phone on the counter and I walked in the living room. Charlie was playing with his toys. He had Iron Man and Thor in the air. He then put them down and picked up Hulk and Captain America.

"Charlie?" I said. He looked up and and waved.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. He nodded his head. He stood up and sat on the couch. I smiled. I picked out a movie, Captain America: the first avenger.

"This one?" I asked him. He nodded his head. So I put it on and then I sat on the couch. Charlie leaned his head on me. I smiled.

(Movie finished)

The movie finished and I find Charlie asleep. He's so adorable. So I quickly go and grab my phone and take a picture. And I posted it on Instagram.

Alexmorgan13 my precious boy fell asleep. Love you baby.

I smiled at the picture and turned my phone off. I got up and grabbed a blanket. I put it over Charlie and I let him take a nap.

I went to the kitchen and sighed. I sat on a stool and placed my hands and head in the counter. Why did he have to go through that? I thought.

I still couldn't get it out of my head. I still couldn't stop thinking about Charlie's past. Shaking my head, I stood up and decided to start making lunch.

I went to the fridge and took out some chicken nuggets and vegetable. I cooked them and put them on a plate. I took out some juice and some cups. I poured the juice in the cups and placed them on the counter. I then did it with the plates.

I then walked over the living room and gently shook Charlie. He woke up and rubbed his eyes. "Hey Charlie. Time to wake up. It's lunch time"

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. His hair was messy. I smiled at it. He put his arms up and I picked him up. We headed to the kitchen and I placed him on his seat.

I sat down, and then we started to eat. "Did you had a good nap?" I asked.

Charlie nodded his head. I smiled. "That's good. Do you like the food?"

Charlie nodded his head as he took a drink from his sippy cup. I smiled. I took a drink out of my cup. We then placed our cups back on the counter and we burped at the same time. I laughed and Charlie smiled.

When I saw him smiled, it was beautiful. This was the first time I ever see him smile. Maybe, he'll laugh next time or talk. But right now, it's a wonderful moment not to miss.

A/N:

Another chapter done. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment or vote.