Chapter 11

(Next day)

It was morning and was the third day of the trial. Alex was in complete stress. She hardly slept. She really didn't know how to deal with it. She just had these mixed emotions deep inside her, slowly killing her.

Mark was making breakfast for the three, while Alex was cleaning up the toys from yesterday that Charlie left in the livng room. And Charlie, was seething up the table for breakfast. As they did that, the doorbell rang.

"I got it!"Alex said as she stopped doing what she was doing. She walked up to the door and opened it. When she opened it, it was Adam. Alex froze. She was worried and scared of what he has to say.

"Alex, who is it?!" Mark asked. Alex opened her mouth but nothing came out.

"A-Adam!" Alex said. There was a small silence until Mark walked up to them.

"I-uh, have some bad news" Adam said softly. Alex and Mark let him enter and they walked to the living room. They sat down and Adam was trying to find the words to explain the bad news.

"Um, I found out that the judge is willing to give Anna a full week to prove that she can take care of Charlie" Adam said. Alex frowned not knowing what he meant.

"W-what do you mean?" Alex asked as she held Mark's hand. Mark held her hand letting her know that it will be okay.

"CPS is allowing Anna to have Charlie back. T-they letting her to take him for a week" Adam said. With that, Alex started crying. This couldn't be happening. She thought. She shook her head.

"No. They can't take him away. I adopted him, didn't I? I'm his legal guardian!" Alex asked. She was trying to calm down. She wanted to scream. She wanted to slap her lawyer. But she didn't.

"I can't do anything about Alex. The judge allowed it. I can't change his mind. They're going to take Charlie away today after the trial" Adam said. Alex cried in Mark's arms. He comforted him and told her it was going to be okay.

(During trial)

Alex was now being questioned, and she tried to be focused. She tried to understand what Adam was saying.

"Ms Morgan, when you are with Charlie, how is he like around you?" Adam asked her.

"He's always happy. He laughs. He even smiles. He loves being around me" Alex replied. She kept her breathing calm, and tried not to break down.

"And does he recieve all three meals, and snacks?" Adam asked. Alex nodded her head.

"Yes. He does. He doesn't like eating breakfasts, but I tell him that it's important" Alex replied.

"Does he recieve all his nutrients and vitamins. Does he eat healthy goods as well?" Adam asked.

"Yes. He eats his vegetables. He eats his protiens. But sometimes, he'll have pizza or hamburgers"

"Okay. Very good then. And how does Charlie feel around-"

"Objection!" Anna's lawyer said. The judge sighed.

"What is the matter now?" The judge asked.

"She can't really know what Charlie is feeling about her! Charlie should come up and tell us what he's feeling!" Anna's lawyer reasoned. The judge frowned and nodded his head.

"Ms Morgan, you are dismissed. Please go back to your seat" the judge said. Alex nodded her head and sat down at her seat.

"Proceed Mr Mitchell" the judge said.

"Yes your honor" Adam said softly. "Could I bring Charlie to the stand please"

The judge nodded his head. Charlie walked slowly to the stand with Mark. Mark sat him up on the stand. Charlie sat there confused. "Hey, Charlie. Can I ask you a few questions?" Adam asked.

Charlie nodded his head. "Okay. Charlie, what is Alex like to you?" Adam asked.

With that Charlie smiled. "Momma nice. She gimme kisses and tickles!" Charlie said.

"Does she ever hit you?" Adam asked. Charlie shook his head.

"No. Momma no hit me. Only gimme time out when me being mean" Charlie said smiling.

"And does Alex spend time with you?" Adam asked. Charlie nodded his head.

"Yeah! Momma always pway with me! Momma take me to work too. But when she can't, I stay with daddy" Charlie said. Adam nodded his head.

"And what about your real mom, Anna? Does she play with you?" Adam asked. Charlie's smile faded away.

"No" Charlie said shaking his head.

"Does she hit you?" Adam asked. Charlie nodded.

"She hit me. She always tells me, I bad boy" Charlie said. Anna's lawyer stood up.

"Objection!" He said. The judge rolled his eyes.

"What now?" The judge asked.

"Charlie is only the age of four. He could be lying or been told to say these things" Anna's lawyer said. "So there-"

"Mr Schoenberg, please do not interrupt again. I gave you the chance to speak. Mr Mitchell, please proceed" the judge said.

"Thank you your honor. But I have finished" Adam said. "Charlie you can go back to your seat"

(A while after)

Alex was breathing heavily, as the judge was talking. Her mind was on Charlie. She hoped that he wouldn't go with Anna. She closed her eyes and then opened them.

"I announce that Charlie will spend a week with his biological mother. And when the week is over, I will decide who has full custody of Charlie" the judge said. And with that the third day was over.

Charlie was holding on to Alex's hand and hid behind her as his mother and two officer walked up to them. "Charlie" Alex said as she kneeled and faced him.

"You're going to have to go with your real mom" Alex said. Charlie shook his head.

"No. I no wanna go!" Charlie said softly as tears went down his cheek.

"Baby, I know. But you have too. It's only for a few days okay" Alex said. Charlie nodded his head. Alex stood up and hugged him.

"That's enough" Anna said as she roughly grabbed Charlie's arm. Charlie was now crying hard as he can. Alex wanted to go up to him and calm him down, but the two officers held her back.

"MOMMA! MOMMA!" Charlie cried. Alex could do nothing but cry in Mark's arms.

"Momma! Pwease!" Charlie cried. Charlie was now gone. And Alex had broke down with Charlie's cries in her head.

A/N:

Charlie is now gone and Alex is a wreck. How can she deal with this?

Hope you enjoyed. Tell me what you think!!! ;)