Chapter 9

*Alex's POV*

-trial begins/Charlie's fourth birthday-

Well today is Charlie's fourth birthday. The day Charlie turns another year and the day where the custody battle begins. The trial doesn't start until the afternoon and does to end until like the evening. But we're just gonna have to make the best of it.

Mark came in the dinning room with a birthday cake that had the avengers on. Charlie's smiled from one end to the other. He was happy.

Mark placed the cake infront of Charlie as we finished singing the birthday song. "Make a wish bud" I said.

Charlie blew the candles and we clapped. I smiled and captured everything with my camera. "Okay, here's your present" I said.

I handed Charlie a birthday present. It was a toy that I bought him. It was a captian America action figure. I videotaped Charlie slowly opening his present. He had a big smile on as he saw who it was.

"What is it bud?" I asked him. Charlie looked at me smiled.

"It Captain America!!!" Charlie cheered. Mark and I chuckled.

"Here's my present" Mark said as he handed the birthday present to Charlie. Charlie opened it slowly and was curious on what it was. When he opened he smiled.

"Let us see it" I said. Charlie lifted up a jersey. It a U.S Women's National Soccer Team jersey, with my number and the back, saying "Mommy". I smiled at it.

For the next twenty minutes we spent opening presents and eating cake. Charlie had gotten eight pairs of new shoes, clothes, soccer balls, toys, some movies, and money. Man, when I tell Mark not to spoil him, he doesn't listen. But eh, what the heck. Charlie's just a little kid.

I looked at the time and it is 12:04 am. It was time for us to get ready for the battle. I looked at Mark and he looked at me. I notified him that it was time. He nodded his head. Mark and I stood up as Charlie was playing with his new toys.

I went to my room and decided to change into a dress. The top of the dress is white and the bottom is black, and the sweater was black. I went to the mirrow and fixed my hair. Once I was done I walked out my room and found Mark in a black sports jacket, with a tie and a blue polo and with black jeans. He smiled at me. And I smiled at him. I saw Charlie dressed in some jeans and a white dress shirt with some black converse.

"Let's go" I said. And then we left.

(at the court)

We had arrived infront of the court building and there was a lot of paparazzi and fans. This was crazy. My fans had signs saying that they support me and that Charlie should stay with me. I looked at Mark and he gave me a supportive smile. I nodded my head.

"Ready bud?" I asked Charlie. Charlie looked terrified of the paparazzi and the fans screaming.

"It's going to be okay Charlie" I said softly. Charlie nodded his head. Mark got out first and helped me out then Charlie. I carried Charlie. I didn't want him to get hurt.

"Out the way!" Mark yelled. "Get out of the way! Make some room!"

As we were trying to get to the court, I heard Charlie starting to cry. I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened them and saw that we were almost to the stairs. I heard the paparazzi screaming questions at me. But I just blocked them out. I didn't want to listen to them.

We went up the stairs and entered the court building. The guards in the front room closed the doors and didn't let any paparazzi or reporter in.

I could hear Charlie crying and I could feel him clutching on to me. I out him down and I kneeled to almost his height. "Charlie, it's okay. Everything's okay. We're safe" I said.

Charlie stopped tremblingl, but he wouldn't stop crying. I kissed his cheeks and hugged him. "Charlie, stop crying. It's okay. We're safe" I said.

Charlie stopped crying and I wiped his tears. I smiled at him.

(In court room)

I was sitting next to my lawyer in the left side of the room. While Charlie's mother, Anna was sitting with her two lawyers on the right. I looked at Anna and she kept glaring at me. I turned my head and looked at Mark and Charlie. Charlie waved his hand at me and I waved at him back.

"All rise" a shieriff said. We stood up as the judge walked in the room and took his seat.

"The custody battle will begin now with, Mrs Anderson's lawyer" the judge said. We sat down as Anna's lawyer stood up and walked to the front of the room.

"Your honor, I am sure you know that, my client, Anna Anderson had been sentenced two months of prison for abusing her son, but my client has informed me that in that time that she had spent her time in prison, she told me that she regrets everything she had done to her child. She told me that ever since she had been released she went to therapy and anger management" Anna's lawyer said.

I knew that was lie. With the look on her face she was lying. Lying through her eyes and teeh. She knows that she hates her son. She knows it.

A/N:

The battle has just started and it is intense. Alex is scared to death. Charlie doesn't know what is going on and Mark doesn't know what to do.

Hey guys, another chapter done. This one was longer then the others. Hope you enjoyed. Remember to vote and tell me what you think.