Jungkook Imagine - Slumber (pt. 2)

It was all just a bitter memory...
I didn't want this to be my last memory of him,
Finally realising Jungkook has cancer. I couldn't believe it... But I knew I had to.
All I wished for is that Jungkook was still alive, still fighting back... Still have hope.
All I hoped that I wasn't too late...

I called some of Jungkook's friends. Some told me that he alive, but is really close of dying... But some told me something that I wished I didn't hear... "Jungkook is dead."
I shook my head and shook away my warm tears. I denied the fact that Jungkook could be dead. I believe he's still alive, I still could feel it in my bones... Jungkook could be alive...

~~~~~~~~

I drove and arrived at the Hospital Jungkook was staying in. I asked the nurse for Jungkook's room number.
"Jungkook?" She tilted her head.

Then another nurse entered our conversation, "Are you talking about that guy from room 17? The guy with cancer."

I quickly dashed away from the nurses.

"HEY! STOP!!" One nurse yelled.

I ignored her and ran and ran to Room 17. I bursted into Room 17 and closed the door behind me, to see a raven haired guy, skin pale as snow, lips dry as sand. This guy looked unrecognisable... But I knew he was Jungkook.
Jungkook slowly turned his head to me and stared at me with wide eyes, "Y/N?"

I grabbed onto Jungkook's hands and had got on my knees beside the hospital bed.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know you suffered a lot... I'm sorry that I didn't come to visit you.... I'm sorry..." Tear drops pattered onto the ground... "I'm sorry to think that you were dead..."

Jungkook gripped onto my hands a bit tighter but not strongly, since he became weak, which gave me more reason to cry... I could've been his strength...

"You're here now... That's all it matters."

I released my hands away from him and grabbed something out of my bag.

"The music box? Wah~ you still have it." Jungkook smiled.

I lifted the lid up, the gentle melody flowed out of the box. I tried to sing for him like how Jungkook used to sing for me. Jungkook laughed, I know my voice wasn't as beautiful as his and I hiccuped throughout the song due to my still-flowing tears...

I stop singing since I was getting too emotional, I was getting flashbacks from the days when we were on little dates, or at karaoke... Anything we did together, I saw it all again... But was quickly stopped when I saw the dark reality in front of me...

Jungkook placed his palm on my right cheek, he wiped my tears with his thumb.
"Y/N... The doctor said I don't have much time left..."

I started to shake my head, "No... No.. Don't say that.."

"Y/N-ah, you never did anything wrong for not visiting me... You made my last moments very memorable and... Happy."
My tears burned my skin, my stomach tightened since I was crying too much. I gripped onto his hand that was still on my cheek.

Jungkook leant closer to my face... As if he was about to kiss me.. But he slowly backed away, "Haha... It's weird that we hadn't shared our first kiss yet... Y/N... Share your first kiss with someone that'll love you forever."
I wrapped my arms around him as he wrapped around me, crying onto his shoulder, trying to gather as much warmth as possible. To know he's still alive.

But all of it stops as I hear the heart monitor made a long monotone sound...
Jungkook... My first and last love... Died.

"Pabo... I never got to say 'I love you'..."

The last note of the music box played, ending the twinkling lullaby... Giving Jungkook a start on his eternal 'slumber'.

- Shaz 🌸