Jungkook Imagine Ft. V - To Love Forever(Pt.3)

I didn't want it to just be a memory.

After Jungkook had pasted away, I've been trying to trudge through life but it felt tortuous to know that Jungkook was no longer living here on earth.... No longer with me...
I felt the weight of his death on my shoulders... Maybe I could've saved him? Maybe things would've changed if I was with him from the very start... Maybe I could've been with him for longer... Much longer.

It's been a year since my first love died and I've met a friend, Kim Taehyung. We met during Jungkook's funeral. He was Jungkook's best friend and supported him when I wasn't there.
But little did I know, that my life was going to change as I started to fall for him. I felt my heartbeat pulse throughout my body for the first time in months whenever I was around Taehyung. I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach and felt alive after the accident. Even just thinking about Taehyung made my heart skip a beat. His smile, his laugh, that deep voice of his, the way he brushed the back of his ear whenever he was nervous. Just everything about him could make my heart go wild.

But... I couldn't love him... I didn't want to love him...

I didn't want to betray my love for Jungkook to someone else, especially his friend.

~~~

One night, I had a dream that I was surrounded by darkness. I could hear a voice of light. Subtle hums, singing in a beautiful yet familiar melody—the same melody as the music box. As I continued to walk deeper into the dark abyss, I saw a glowing figure...

"Jungkook?" I called out to him as I rushed to his side. My eyes were on the verge of tears as I saw Jungkook once more, "I'm so sorry..."

"Y/N-ah..." He stroked my hair lovingly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry...."

Jungkook had a gentle smile lit upon his face, he caressed my cheeks as he lifted my head, "Do you still love me Y/N?"

"Of course I do... I love you so much Jungkook."

But it was as if he couldn't hear me... As if he had never heard my little confession. He continued, "Y/N... You have to open your heart, move on... Kiss, hug and love someone you'll love forever."
Jungkook's spirit started to fade away, as if those words were his last.

I shook my head, "No no no don't leave me Jungkook..." I attempt to jump into his arms, to hug him, to remember his touch, his warmth, his everything. But his spirit had vanished into dust, resulting me to hug my own arms.

~~~

"Y/N I got your call, is something the matter?" He placed his hands over mine, I quickly pulled back resulting Taehyung's smile to waver.

"Taehyung... Last night, I had a dream about Jungkook."

Taehyung's face drooped a bit but kept a strong smile for me, knowing that Jungkook was a hard topic to talk about... Or maybe he was upset about the fact that I was still thinking about Jungkook.

I continued, "he told me the similar words he had told me before he had past away—love someone you'll love forever. That Pabo had to say something so cheesy before his death..."

"But will you?... Move on, I mean," Taehyung asked.

I lifted my head as I had let out an unstable breath, trying to not cry. I was done crying. "He was my first and last love... It hurts that I wasn't with him when he needed me most... It still hurts that I never get to tell him that I love him... But... I'm sure he already knew... And I need to accept that and move on, just like what Jungkook would've wanted me to do."

Taehyung placed his hands upon mine once more, "does this mean we could be together?"

"Taehyung I don't know... I like you... But I still love Jungkook."

Taehyung gaped at me in shock whilst pulling his hands away with despair. I grabbed his hands and intertwined them with mine, making his eyes meet mine. I let out a small smile, "I'm just not ready to start a relationship yet, I'm still in the process to move on... But until I do, can you stay by my side until then?"

Taehyung tightened his grip around my hands, swaying them around playfully, "Of course I will." He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead, sealing the deal.

Jungkook wasn't a memory, he was a big part of my life. Jungkook taught me that as long as I'd continue to remember him, he'd never be a simple memory. I'm sure that Jungkook was happy that I was opening my heart to others again and finding happiness and love again.

Jungkook, wherever you are... Thank you for giving me strength to find happiness. I loved you... I always had...

- Shaz 🌸