J-Hope Imagine - Smile for Me

There was a time, when this guy named Jung Hoseok rarely smiled.

Hoseok didn't have friends, Hoseok had a cold personality... Jung Hoseok rarely smiled.

You sat on the seat in front of his desk, "Hoseok~ Smile for me," *flash*
You took a photo of him with your camera, he squinted his eyes for a bit but that didn't stop him from staring out of the window.

You were the school's photographer, you took pictures of stuff for the school websites, year books and photos etc.

"Hoseok, you look more better with a smile."

Hoseok scoffed, "How would you know?"

"Doesn't everyone look good with a smile?" *flash* I took another photo of him.

"If I smile, will you go away?"

You nodded your head vigorously.

Hoseok forced a smile as you were taking another photo *flash*
You stared at the picture pitifully, "You seem sad even though you're smiling."

"You took the picture, go away."

"I think you need a friend! I'll be your friend!"

"No."

"Please!~~"

"No!"
~~~~~~~

After a few days of persistently begging to be his friend,
He finally said yes.
After a few weeks of hanging out together, he finally started to warm up to you. Occasionally he would laugh at you when you took photos in weird angles.
Hoseok would always try to hide his smile, but luckily you caught some of the genuine joyous smiles which made you really happy...

But little did Hoseok know that your own smile was slowly disappearing, you were being bullied for a long time. At first they were just harmless comments like "You're ugly", "You're useless" to overflowing hate letters stuffed in lockers, some of your school books were being tossed in mud and you even received death threats.
You hid all of this behind Hoseok's back in order for him to not see the dark side of reality.
But it had only gotten worse, your mother noticed your grades getting lower due to the unusable school books that you tossed away. So she abused you, shouted at you. You cried yourself to sleep every night...

But now, you had enough...

You placed your camera beside you on the edge of the school roof.
"This is it huh?" Your eyes overflowed with tears as you watch the sunset.

"Y/N!" Hoseok bursted through the doors towards the roof.

You turned around to see Hoseok out of breath with a shock expression. You showed him a smile, "Hoseok!~"

"You crazy! Get down from there!"

You grabbed the camera beside you, "Hoseok!~ Please smile for me."

"If I smile, will you stay with me?"

You dropped your head, letting the tears fall against the cement. You nodded your head.

Hoseok pulled his brightest smile he made. *flash*
"Wah~ this..." You pulled the camera away from your face, revealing your own sad face, "Hoseok, you really do look better with a smile, I'm happy I made you smile."

You placed the camera back down beside you.

"I'm happy to love a friend like you." You took a step back and felt a gush of wind blow against your back.

"NOOOO!!!" Hoseok sprinted towards the edge of the roof, hoping to catch his best friend.

But all he caught was a sad smile from you just for a second...

- Shaz 🌸