Chapter 3

I was in the bathroom washing my hair in the sink to get the juice out of it. I'm not really surprised that Beth did that, that's just like her. I decided to brush it off and let it go.

Once I was dry I ran back to my room and crashed on my bed and held the teddy bear my brother got me when I was 3, It reminds me of the good days. When my brother actually cared around here. Now that he's 16, he just doesn't care anymore. But whatever, I'll get over it.

I checked the time and it was only 4 pm. So I decided to go walk to the Ice Cream parlor, and maybe go to the park afterward, I needed to get out of this house for a while.

I decided to change into a white spaghetti strapped tank, with a high waisted white floral skirt, and my black jelly sandals, with a flower headband across my forehead. I colored in my eyebrows a dark pink shade Because I was very happy, I mean I know I'm only going for a walk, but I'd like to at least feel good about myself. I grabbed my purse and scanned my room making sure I didn't forget anything and walked out. I was about to reach the stairs until.

"Where are you going?" I turned around and saw my brother leaning against his doorway puffing a cigar with his arms crossed.

"I was just heading to... *cough* the Ice Cream parlor and the park." My eyes started watering from all the smoke incoming from his room.

"But mom and dad aren't back yet." He laid his cigar on the ashtray.

"I don't care! I just want to get out of the house for a while, It's only 4, It won't be dark for a few more hours." I said.

"Their gonna get mad at you." He raised an eyebrow.

"Trent, I don't care if they're mad, They're ALWAYS mad!, They don't care for us, When are you going to realize that? Dad never speaks to us, Mom is always complaining about something so small that we did, they forget we're even there! They only talk to us if we did something wrong, And I could care less what they think."

Trent took a puff of his cigar once more and stayed silent acting like he didn't hear a word I said.

"And you? You don't even give a shit about anyone around here!"

"I sometimes care about others, not all the time." He said rolling his eyes to the side.

"Sometimes? more like not at all." I said angrily

"Would you just leave and go to the stupid Ice Cream shop already?" He said waving his arms at me to go away.

"Fuck you, Trent!" I slammed the door and walked off.

"You're such a baby, Melanie!" He shouted.

I usually never cuss, Unless I'm really mad. I hated yelling at my brother. But after all that he's put me through, He deserved it.

I walked downstairs, Left a note in the dining room stating where I was, and went out the door. I walked down the sidewalk and saw the neighbor's kids playing. I was honestly jealous.

When I was their age, I had nobody to play with, All the kids thought I was strange and wouldn't let me join any games or play dollhouse with any of the girls. It broke my heart.

I mean I know I'm different, but it's not like I would kill anybody.