Siete

Thump

Thump

Thump

I kicked the dirty soccer ball into the brick wall of the house. I heard a knock on the gate as a familiar face appeared.

"Hey Lulu." Nathan smiled.

"Hey." I breathed out.

"Care if I join?" He came walking in, picking up my soccer arm and letting it rest under his muscular arms.

"Uh sure." I wiped my forehead sweat with my Messie jersey. Eh I'll wash it later. I readjusted my long Nike socks.

"You go goalie and I'll shoot." He demanded with a serious face. I nodded and got in position, slightly squatting, getting ready. Nathan took a couple steps back and ran towards the ball. His foot made contact will the ball, sending it flying towards me. I jumped to knock it out, but it brushed my fingertips and hit the net behind me. I grunted in frustration. I ran and grabbed the ball tossing it back to him.

We sat against the wall, chugging water into our systems and breathing heavily. I was so sweaty, I pulled the Messie jersey over my head, leaving me only in my sports bra. I could feel Nathan sitting beside me, eyeing me up and down. I started feeling uncomfortable. I glanced over at him, as a smirk made its way onto his lips. "What?" I asked.

"Go put on a shirt." He chuckled.

"Why? I'm sweating here." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Because you're only in a sports bra and shorts, do you know what that can do to a guy?" He laughed, the smirk still not leaving his lips. A blush crept up my neck, as I tried to find the right words to say, but nothing came up. I just shook my head, a smile appeared on my face.

Nathan was a natural soccer player, but he was the caption of the football team at our high school. Although he was about 2 years older than me, he was only one grade ahead of me.

"Lets go get something to eat." I spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Alright, lets go." I check my phone.

11:38

We went back into my house. I decided to make a chicken caesar salad. I chopped up the lettuce, cucumber, etc. We ate our lunch talking about soccer and football.

"I'm caption of the football team, no girl can resist me. Especially you." He chuckled, a smirk played on his lips.

"Oh please. You're so full of yourself." I laughed. He was so arrogant sometimes.

"Awe come on, you know you love me." He said slinging his left arm onto the shoulder. His green eyes sparkled. They were the bright green-blue color. I playfully punched him arm.

"You wish."