Chapter 19

I tried to reach for the blanket, but it wasn't on the bed.

The first sight of the day was unfamiliar, but then I remembered that I'd crashed at Daesuk's place the night before.

Where was he?

I rolled over to the other side of the king sized bed; he wasn't there.

I checked my phone and it was 1:00pm. I've slept for more than ten hours.

I stretched out before I stood up and put on a bra.

"--I got it," I heard Daesuk say from the kitchen. "She's not going anywhere. .. I'll finish the job by the end of next week. .. Of course I know that. ..Fine I'll do it by tomorrow.. 'Kay, boss."

He groaned and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked as I came out of his bedroom.

He looked at me with a stern face, but he quickly changed to cheerful.

"My boss," He said. "He asked for me to do something but I haven't done it yet."

"Oh, well you better hurry and go to work," I said and smiled.

"I don't think I can do it," He said and looked at his phone. "This job is a hard one."

"May I ask what it is?" I said. "It's my fifteenth question."

He laughed, "Well there's this girl that he wanted to meet and I said that I could get her for him."

"Like a wingman?" I said.

"Just like a wingman," Daesuk said and smiled. "But, uh, I think I might have some feelings for the same girl."

"Wow, look who's crushing hard," I said and laughed. "That must be really awkward for you."

"Yeah, well, a job's a job and I have to do it," He said and laughed, too. "So you okay? Are you hungover?"

"I'm okay, just a little tired," I replied. "I think I slept through my hangover."

"Me too," He said. "You hungry? I made some Vietnamese chicken."

"You can cook too?" I asked. "You're so multi-talented."

"Thank you," He said and smiled.

He set down two bowls of chicken and rice on the living room table.

"Thank you," I said. "It smells great."

"Hope you like it," He said and started eating.

"Okay, back to our game," I said. "Do you like sports?"

Daesuk scoffed, "Of course I do. I used to play basketball for my high school, and soccer for my college."

I nodded, "Cool, I play soccer and basketball, too. And I ran track back in Cali."

"How'd that work out for you?" He asked and smiled.

"It wasn't easy. I was the only Asian on the teams," I said and laughed. "We both have thirteen questions left."

We both kept asking each other questions and laughing at our answers, even after we finished our food. As our question count lowered to our final two, our questions became more and more personal.