Chapter 20

"Daesuk.." I mumbled.

"Linnie, is everything alright?" He said.

I couldn't think right now.

This was the absolute worst time to be cross-faded.

"Uh, yeah," I said. "I-I actually need to go home r-right now."

He took a deep breath, "I can't let you do that."

My eyes widened and I gulped.

His hands held my waist and he pulled me in closer. His right hand pushed my head on to his chest. He rocked gently side to side as he held me.

"I'm sure someone just told you about me, so let me explain," Daesuk said.

"A marksman was just a fancy word for hitman, if you didn't know. BTS' manager called me on Sunday, five days ago, for an important job. He said I would get four times as much money for this specific task than I have ever gotten for my past jobs.."

My head was still on his chest. I could feel the vibrations from his voice.

"So I took it before I knew anything about it. Usually that was a bad mistake for any hitman, but I could tell this wasn't a scam."

His hand reached into his pocket and he spun me around so my back was to his chest and we were both looking out the window.

He pulled a gun inches away from my face and cocked it.

"Let's not make this hard, baby," Daesuk said in a tone that would've seduced me ten minutes ago.

He held the point to my head.

"Don't worry," He said. "I won't use this unless you make me. Just do what I say and this won't click."

Tears came down my cheek but I was silent.

I didn't dare to make a noise.

He turned me around again and frowned.

"Don't take this the wrong way; I actually really liked you," Daesuk said. "I actually caught myself having feelings for you during that question game. If you weren't one of my targets, you would've been my girlfriend."

He sighed, "But a girlfriend won't get you a million dollars in a week."

He pushed the gun harder into my head, which meant for me to start walking.

He led me to a door, which I thought was a closet before, but it really led down to the basement.

He locked it from inside of the house before we continued.

Linnie, what are you doing?!

How are you gonna get out of this?!

Is Jimin coming? Does he even know where I am?

There's no returning from this.

This is it.

"It's okay," Daesuk said. "I don't have any torture devices. Those are for the crazy hitmen."

When we got to the bottom, the room was almost empty. There was only a foldable chair and a kitchen set.

"Sit there," He said as he went toward the kitchen.

He dug through the drawers and got out rope as I sat down, terrified.

I can't run, the door is locked.