23.

I wake up to the sound of the door creaking open. My head raises, paranoid of a kidnapper. My eyes are greeted with the sight of a morning Luka, which included his bedhead, his boxers clinging to his skin, and a tray of food in his hand. 

"Morning. I made you breakfast seeing as though I wore you out last night," Luka smirks to me. I roll my eyes at his ego. 

"You did not ware me out last night, thank you," I reply to his remark while sitting up. 

Excusing myself, I stand up to walk to my room. Grabbing a hair tie, and some clothes I make my way back to Lukas' room. Yanking my hair, I pull it into a messy bun on top of my head. The soreness in between my legs doesn't go unnoticed by me. 

Upon, my arrival I see Luka seated on the bed with his legs folded under him. His head snaps to the door and he drinks in my appearance. 

"If I didn't ware you out, then why are you wincing when you step?" he quizzes. I blush. Darn, I've been caught. 

Mumbling incoherently, I join him on the bed. A victorious smile makes his way on his face. As my hand reaches for the surprisingly not burnt toast, the sunlight streaming through the glass windows strikes my ring in the best way. The glittering emitting from my finger catches my attention. My eyes admire the ring and it's meaning. 

I'm snapped out of my reverie when I hear Luka noisily crunch into a piece of toast. His eyebrows are furrowed as he chews. Dark brown crumbs rest around his lips as he eats. His gaze is fixed on the toast in his hand as he examines it. Then suddenly, he bites into the toast again and more crumbs emerge onto his tan skin. Holding back a giggle, I use my fork to shovel the eggs resting on the plate onto the toast. 

I bite into the food and my stomach growls in content. I check the clock sitting on Lukas' nightstand to see that it's eleven in the morning. Bursts of flavor interrupt my thoughts as I eat the toast and eggs. 

"You cooked this?" I question to him as I remember the incident with the spaghetti dinner. He scratches the back of his head and nods. He takes another bite of his food and I watch as his Adam's apple bobs when he swallows. 

"The internet is pretty helpful when it comes to cooking . . ." He trails off. I giggle into my hand and take another bite of the food. 

A couple minutes later, we're eating in peaceful silence. The snow outside has ceased and in it's wake was a sheet of white on the ground. The sky was colorless as I stared at it. I begin to hum a tune when I hear the front door to the house shut. 

"Honey, I'm home!" Eli shouts through the silent house. My eyes light up at the thought of Eli. I haven't seen him in a couple days and I missed my best friend. I jump off the comfortable bed and race out of Lukas' room. Thundering down the stairs, I see Eli with furrowed brows right before I jump on him and squeeze the life out of him. 

"Merry Christmas, Venus," Eli hugs me back. I mumble a reply and hug him tighter. Luka walks down the stairs right behind me and after I let go of Eli, Luka gives him a handshake. 

"So how-" Eli cuts himself off. His eyes widen and his jaw slacks. As quick as the expression comes, it disappears and is replaced with a sly grin and suspicious eyes. 

"They mated! They mated! Millie owes me twenty bucks!" Eli cheers out while waving his arms around wildly and hip thrusting. Luka growls and his eyes flash obsidian. Immediately, Eli stops but the smile remains on his face. 

"Sorry. Millie and I bet money on you guys," Eli sheepishly admits. I shrug, although the blush on my face is evident. Turning on my heel, I turn and make my way to the kitchen. Humming a tune, I bend over to look better in the back of the fridge. Moving stuff around, the pickles I was searching for was standing in plain sight. I smiled triumphantly and grabbed the jar. As I stand up, I am stopped by a hard chest. The sparks and warmth alerts me that it's my mate.