Alone

Words: 613
______________________________
Raven sighed. She couldn't take this anymore. Why couldn't he believe her? What was she suppose to do anyways? She did the first thing on her mind: she kissed him.
______________________________
It was a light, gentle kiss. Robin was shocked to say at least. He though Raven loved Aqualad. He saw them kissing. But as she kissed him all his anger and confusion vanished. He forgot everything about him except her. Raven....

He wasn't going to miss his chance again. Nothing will break them up now. He didn't hesitate to kiss back.

He bit her lower lip asking for entrance. She opened her mouth and he tasted her. She felt so much better than earlier today. This time he knew she loved him back. This time he could focus only on her. There was no audience to question them or to cry. Suprisingly, she tasted like chocolate. He didn't expect that. Maybe she had a lipstick with chocolate flavor? He let it slide. Maybe he'll ask her later. Her hands were in his hair and his were on her hips firmly. Just in case someone tried to break them apart. Again.

They made out for awhile until Raven felt something try to push her to the side by her shoulder, but Robins grip automatically tightened around her so she barely moved. They broke the kiss to see the one who tried to push them apart. It was Starfire. Her head matched her hair. She was fuming and her eyes and hands were glowing emerald. You could see dry traces of salty tears covering her red cheeks. She talked through clenched teeth.

"Friend Robin, Raven. May I know what are you doing?"

"Hey, Starfire." Robin tightened his grip around Raven if it was even possible. He faked a smile.

"W- we were just-" Raven started, terrified. This is what she was afraid would happen.

"You were just WHAT?!?!" she screamed the last part so loud the pair cringed. Damn that girl has a pitch. Just a moment later her hands and eyes were back to normal and she broke into sobs as tears leaked on her cheeks for the third time that night. She covered her face with her hands.

Both teens looked shocked and confused at the alien before them. Just seconds ago they were fearing for their lives, and now..?? A few seconds ago she was ready to kill, and now she looks as if she was mourning over a family member. They didn't know what to say.

"Um Starfi-" she removed her hands from her wet face and cut him off.

"I-it is t-the o and t-the k, friend R-robin." and just like that she flew off before they could even blink. They looked at each other.

Raven felt guilty. She did this to Starfire. She made her so unhappy. She can't date Robin if Starfire is reacting this way. She knew this wasn't going to work. She broke out of Robins embrace and moved back a little hugging herself and shaking her head low. Robin looked at her.

"Raven-" she looked up.

"Robin, I don't think this is going to work. I mean look at Starfire. She's broken enough already. I made her cry three times today. If our relationship is going to look like this then.... We should just get over each other and forget about this. Just forget about today."

"But I-"

"No, Robin. You need to let me go." she walked back keeping her eyes on him. After a few steps back her eyes shone white and she melted into the dark like a shadow. He was left alone.
______________________________