Chapter 15 Staying the night and Bobby Bones

When the band and Thomas got gone Mallory told them goodnight and said she was beat and was turning in since she had to be up early for work.
Brantley and Savannah finished cleaning up and she started the dishwasher. They sat down on the couch and Brantley asked her," can I ask you something and if you don't want to talk about that's fine?"
Savannah said," ask me anything I don't care Brantley."
Brantley said," What happened to your dad and husband, you have said accident and then today you said the police knocked on your door."
Savannah said," My dad was killed in an accident at his work. He worked at 3M and one of the workers was high and dropped a huge drum on him. We were able to the hospital and say our goodbyes. That made my family millionaires. My school is paid for now, I'd give all the money back if I could have my daddy back. And the police knocking on my door was about my husband. My mom works with the local police at school so he has sent her a text to get to my house and he would be on his way to tell me. Bryant was 3 miles from home and a drunk driver hit him head on and he was off the road completely . He died after he got to the hospital and I got to tell him that I loved him and said goodbye. That then the fact that a drunk driver almost killed my mom uncle and grandmother when my mom was 8 was the main reason I have never drank. It affects your decision making. I don't judge people who do its just not for me."
Brantley said, "what was the time between their deaths?"
Savannah said, "3 months"
Brantley said, "Baby that really sucks"
Savannah smiled and said,"yeah it does but I am a survivor. My mom and sister and brother have been my rocks."
Brantley said," family is everything whether it's family by blood or by choice."
" So how do want to play tomorrow with Bobby Bones?"Savannah asked him
Brantley said," I don't know. Kind of like we did today but I know he's gonna ask if you are my new love interest and I want to know what you want me to say ."
Savannah said," I want to know what you want to say"
Brantley replied," I want to tell the world you are my girlfriend but I don't want to move to fast. I want you to be okay with whatever I tell him."
Savannah said, " How can I be your girlfriend if you never ask me to be your girlfriend?"
Brantley pulls her into his lap," Savannah, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend? I know it's not going to be easy but baby I promise if you say yes, I will do my very best to make you happy and you will know every day how much I care about you."
Savannah smiles," Yes I will be your girlfriend and I know it won't be easy but I'm willing to try baby. I care about you and I know that we need to take happiness when we find it cause we aren't guaranteed tomorrow." Brantley pulls her in for a kiss and there is so much feeling in the kiss that Savannah cries.
Brantley pulls back and kisses her tears away and said," you okay?"
Savannah said," yeah the emotion in the kiss just overwhelmed me. I just can't explain it Brantley. "
He kissed her forehead and said," you don't have to I totally understand I felt it too. We need to get to bed it's gonna be an early morning we need to be at the hotel at 6:30 so leave here by 6am. And you know they do video so don't take this wrong but if you want to wear makeup you will have be ready to leave at 6."
Savannah laughed," I know what you are saying and I do want to look nice so the media will see me as I am.

Savannah gets into a big tshirt and spandex shorts and tells Brantley that the bathroom was all his. She turns down the bed and crawls in setting her phone for 5am. Brantley comes out in a pair of basketball shorts and sets his alarm and gets in the bed on the other side. He pulls Savannah close and she snuggles into him and he kisses her and tells her to get some sleep.

Savannah's alarm goes off so she heads downstairs to turn the coffee on and then runs back upstairs to get a shower. She quickly gets her shower and sees that Brantley is awake so she kisses him and tells him the shower is all his. She pulls on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a white camisole with a flowy oversized crimson sweater and her brown leather booties. She quickly does her make up where it is natural looking with a neutral eye and darker lipstick. She dries her hair and fixes it in big curls. She tells Brantley their is coffee made downstairs. He gets out of the shower and pulls on his black jeans and black tshirt. He puts on his chains and rings and packs his stuff in his bag. He grabs his phone and charger off the nightstand and puts his hat on. He walks downstairs and sets his bag by the door before walking to the kitchen to get some coffee. Savannah is fixing her coffee and told him to pick whichever one he wanted regular mug or travel mug. He chose the travel mug as he checked the time. Savannah grabbed her purse and phone and her coffee. Brantley led her to the truck and they headed to the station in Tuscaloosa where Bobby was broadcasting out of this morning .
Brantley looked over at Savannah and asked if she was okay. She smiled and said,"I'm nervous to be honest. Are you sure you want to say that I am your girlfriend?"
Brantley said," it will be okay, Bobby is pretty straight up guy. Savannah. Do you not want me to announce you as my girlfriend?"
Savannah said," I don't care if you announce me. I just want what's best for you Brantley. I would like for everyone to know that you are off the market but if you don't want to that's okay too."
"Well darlin' I want everyone to know that you are mine and so if it comes up then I know what to say. " Brantley replied.