Chapter 29

Brantley answers," What's up man? Really? Yeah send it to me. Thanks for the heads up I will definitely be screening my calls now."
  Brantley looks at Savannah and said," They have served Jana with the paternity test order and the gag order and a restraining order for both of us. They should be delivering your copies here tomorrow. That was Thomas he saw them serve her the papers or well they all saw it. They videotaped it and he's gonna send it to me. I'm sorry if this is bringing more press to you but I've got to know Savannah as soon as I can. I'm sure it's not mine but we were together so I have to do this."
    Savannah said," It's okay I'm a big girl and I can handle a little press. But it's not gonna be me that has the backlash I am afraid but you. They will paint you as a love em and leave em kind of guy and you will have to stay calm and focused and not lose it on them. You realize she's gonna listen your buttons as much as she can."
      Brantley said," Yeah I know that and I'm gonna try baby to keep it together. They can say what they want to about me but they need to leave you alone baby. "
   His phone beeped so they looked and it was the video. Jana lost it on the video and screamed and cussed the officers and then started cussing Brantley but what Savannah noticed is that Jana came to the door with an alcoholic drink and was drinking it. She pointed it out to Brantley and he immediately called his attorney and told him and he said he would handle it.
Mallory comes in at this point and speaks to them. She asked if it was true that Savannah had told Jana Kramer off, cause that was the word on campus. Savannah said," yeah I did tell her off in a way but it was really just standing up for Brantley."
Mallory said," it's good to have you back but I am exhausted and I have an early day tomorrow. I will talk to you tomorrow Savannah, Brantley I will see you later. Hope you have a good flight in the morning."

Brantley looks at Savannah and said," I don't want to think what is going to happen but I'm glad that you and I can deal with it all together. I'm sorry that I have scars and baggage and am bringing it into your life. But at the same time I feel so blessed to have you stand by my side through this messy situation."
Savannah said," I am to the point that even if I had 100 reasons to leave you I would still look for that one reason to fight for you. I love you enough to fight for you, to compromise, to sacrifice myself for you if need be. Enough to miss you incredibly when we are apart, no matter what length of time and regardless of the distance. Enough to believe in our relationship, to stand by it through the worst of times but more importantly to have faith in our strength as a couple. To be there for you and to know that you will be there for me."
When she that Brantley pulled her close and kissed her. Savannah felt wetness and she looked and Brantley had tears in his eyes. She kissed him and asked him what was wrong. Brantley said," Nothing is wrong that was beautiful and everything that I feel for you. I would die to protect you baby. I swore off a relationship after Jana but you walked into my life and smiled and from that point on I was a goner. You light up an entire room with your smile. Your beauty is from within you are so amazing baby."
Savannah gets up turns everything off and locks the door before leading Brantley upstairs. She knows he will have to leave her house at 2:00am to make his 4 am flight. She gets undressed and puts on his tshirt that she has been sleeping in before crawling into bed. Brantley strips down to his underwear before getting into bed with her. He kisses her softly but it quickly turns heated. He kisses down her neck and nips her bare shoulder where his shirt has slipped down. Savannah moans as he nips her neck and runs his hands under the tshirt. Savannah runs her hands over Brantley's chest and down his back feeling the muscles as they move. She deepens the kiss even more. Brantley pulls back and said," I have to ask baby are you sure and if so do you want me to wrap?"
Savannah said," Yes I'm sure and no I want to feel you because who knows when we will be together again."
Brantley kisses her like she was the last drop of water and he was a dying man in a desert. He shows her how much he loves her with his body and when they are both sated, Brantley pulls her close and wraps her in his arms and whispers"I love you and I plan on being here more than you know." He closes his eyes and falls asleep with a smile.
The alarm goes off and Brantley silences it and slips out of bed and heads to the shower. Savannah got up and went downstairs and started his coffee. When it finished she took it upstairs and handed it to him he thanked her and told her that he didn't mean to wake her.
Savannah looked at him and said," I know you didn't mean that saying you wouldn't have let me say until I see you again. He dropped his head and said," I can't stand to see you upset so yeah I was gonna slip out but I'm so glad I didn't cause I love hearing your voice and I've got to get on the road baby, even though I don't want to." She walked him downstairs and made him promise to call when he landed. He made her promise to get back in bed and get some sleep. They embrace one last time and kiss and he goes to the SUV and gets in and pulls out. Savannah stands at the door watching until she can no longer see the lights with tears falling down her face. She locked up and went back to bed thinking about how her heart just left.