Chapter 4 - Our New Home

Toothless' POV
I woke up and saw Hiccup sleeping underneath my wing. I knew that I made the right decision to take him away from his people because he was no heartless killing machine like the others. He had even given me a name. I never had a name because my parents had died before they could have given me one and all the other dragon always called me 'the Little One' or 'Pathetic'. I liked Toothless and I wondered when the gas would finally finish its job. Then Hiccup woke up and I licked his face.
'Stop it Toothless that's disgusting!', he said sleepily and got up. He stretched his arms and smiled at me.
'Boy am I hungry!', he said and I agreed to that. I was about to walk to the water to catch some fish when Hiccup groaned and fell down.
'What is it?', I asked when I saw two black bumps underneath his shoulders. 
'The next stage', I then said.
'The next stage of what?', he asked breathing heavily as the bumps grew bigger.
'Remember that gas I breathed in your face?', I asked and he nodded.
'That's a special ability that only Night Furies have. That gas changes whatever living creature half into a Night Fury. I don't know why we can do it but we just can. Yesterday you got the ability to talk Dragonese and now your wings are starting to sprout. I don't exactly know what comes next.' I finished explaining as Hiccups bumps grew to big black Night Fury wings.
'Cool', he whispered in Norse and flapped his wings.
'You should be able to make your wings appear and disappear at will', I said and he tried. It didn't really work out well the first time but after a couple of times he managed to change between human and winged human. He kept muttering words like 'cool' or 'awesome' or 'unbelievable' and after a couple of minutes he tried to fly. It was a bit difficult for him at first but he soon figured out how it worked and we soared around the island together forgetting how hungry we actually were. This was the best time I had ever had in years.

Hiccup's POV
'Me becoming half Night Fury was the best thing that had ever happened to me!', I thought as I raced through the air. These new wings were awesome! I soared down to the beach we had slept on, Toothless close behind me. We had had so much fun flying around the island. I looked at Toothless and suggested to catch some fish. He agreed and we flew out to the sea and dove into the water. It was way more difficult than I had thought it would be. It took me half an hour to catch a single fish. Toothless had already caught about fifteen of them when I landed next to him. I gathered some wood in the forest next to the beach to make a fire. I was half Night Fury but I didn't want to eat that fish raw. When I thought about how to light the fire it just caught fire by itself. I stared at the flames when Toothless explained what happened.
'Now I remember the third stage', he said. 'Fire power. You should be able to control fire. Well, not make the whole forest catch fire but smaller things like the damage any dragon could do.'
'This is getting better and better!', I thought as I held out my hand and concentrated on fire. Suddenly a flame burst out in the palm of my hand.
'That's so totally awesome!', I said hardly containing myself. I threw the flame at a branch lying on the beach and it caught fire. I then made a ball of fire above my head and made it explode like firework. I made some more awesome fire figures and when I wanted to make a Night Fury it didn't work. I tried again but no flame appeared.
'Six shot limit', Toothless said and I was a bit disappointed. But soon that disappointment faded away when I started to eat the fish I had caught and some of the ones Toothless had caught. I looked at Toothless, my first actual friend. He looked back at me and knocked me over, licking my face. I screamed and rolled away flying upwards and making a looping, Toothless close behind me. This was the best time I had ever had in years.