Chapter 7 - Going To Dragon Island

Astrid's POV (another 2 years later)
It's been a month since a small boat with scouts had left Berk to find the dragon nest. Everybody had given up hope when one day the boat had returned and that day was today. Everyone was packing their weapons and some food and was heading for the docks. I ran to the ships searching for Stoick when I saw him standing at the other side of the harbour talking to Gobber.
'Chief! Stoick!', I shouted and he turned around.
'What is it, Astrid?', he asked me.
'I want to come and fight the dragons too. I've been trained, sir!', I said thinking about another reason I could use to convince him that I was good enough to join.
'And I've-', I started.
'Alright, Astrid. You and the other teens can come if you really want to.'
'Yes! Thank you, sir!', I said and I ran away to get the others.

Hiccup's POV
It's been two years since Liv had joined Toothless and me on our island and life couldn't be better. She was like a little sister to me and Toothless had given her the same abilities I had, to be half Night Fury. He couldn't do it again but he had had just enough gas to make her into a hybrid as well. We had built two smaller houses at the cliffs and had connected them with zip lines, gangplanks and ladders. Together we had trained every single dragon on our island and with their help we made a hangar for them to sleep if they wanted to. I was fifteen now and Liv ten. She didn't want a dragon of her own because she was too attached to Toothless. I couldn't blame her and I definitely WASN'T jealous. We made maps of the archipelago and discovered new dragon species every week. It was awesome having her around.

I walked down into the kitchen and saw Toothless staring out of the window.
'What is it bud?', I asked him.
'Remember when I told you what caused all those raids? About the Red Death Queen on Dragon Island?', he replied.
'Yes...', I said fearing what would come next.
'Well, I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen today', I knew what he meant because sometimes I also had weird feelings about something happening on Berk. I didn't really miss Berk, but sometimes I missed Gobber or Astrid or my dad. Every time I tried to ignore the feeling but it had always been there, somewhere deep inside.
'Hiccup...I know you'll think that I'm crazy...but...I...I want to take down the Queen that terrorises all the other dragons', he said and looked at me. I thought about what he said and agreed, because that also meant that Berk wouldn't be raided anymore. Liv entered the room and Toothless and I explained our idea and why we would do it. She agreed and we started to make a plan on how to take down the Queen.