Lady Stark is over there.

Ana had eventually led Sam down to the party, leaving him with Steve at the pool table as she walked towards her brother, James Rhodes, and Thor.

"Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?'" Tony and Thor just look at him blankly, causing Ana to stifle a laugh at their reactions, obviously he was expecting something else. "'Boom! Are you looking...' Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"Hey, Rhodey." Ana says as she pulls him into a side hug, graciously accepting the drink Tony had prepared for her.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks, Ana keeps an arm wrapped around Rhodey's back as she rested her head on his shoulder. He was another person on the constantly growing list of people that Ana was like a little sister too.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey says, placing a hand on the small of Ana's back, a brotherly gesture.

"Well, it's very good then." Thor laughs, trying to make Rhodey feel better. "It's impressive."

"Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" Rhodey says, changing the topic from his failed attempt at a funny story.

"No." Tony says as he casts a glance at his sister, he knew she had changed his name in Dorothy's programming. He figured it out when he went down there to see if she was actually getting ready or ignoring him and drawing, as usual.

"Hey, what about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria Hill says as she comes up from behind the bar, drink in hand like everyone else at the party.

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run." Tony boasts.

"Oh my god, here we go again." Ana teases, lifting her head off of Rhodey's shoulder.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor defends. Ana rolled her eyes, if you lived in the Avengers Tower you heard this argument on a daily basis.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting." Ana takes a big sip of her drink, alcoholic, of course.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... Nobel prize."

"Wow, tell her I said congratulations." Ana says as she loops her arms through Rhodey's, ready to lead him out of the situation if her brother's ego got any bigger.

"Yeah, they... they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together." Maria says, faking a cough. "Testosterone! Oh, excuse me."

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asks the two girls, Ana giving him and nod and Maria a 'uh-huh' both and the trio walked off, leaving Thor and Tony alone at the bar.

"But Jane's better."

❉❉❉

Eventually, Ana made her way back to her 'favorite little bird' at the pool table with Steve.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam says trying to be tough. Ana saw right through it, stifling her laugh by bringing her drink to her lips.

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you." Steve responds, not picking up on Sam's hidden message.

"Yeah, maybe you could've saved me and then I wouldn't be thinking about that damn Roadrunner." Ana complains. It was no secret to anyone she had developed feelings for the speedster, much to Tony's dismay. He didn't want his baby sister to like him of all people.