24. Fairground fun

And whilst Niall and Liam continued their afternoon, ignoring the obvious sexual tension between them, the other two couples made the most of the fairground to do all of the clichéd couple-y stuff that you see in the movies.

Perrie was the one who had yelled out about the Waltzers so she dragged a smiling Zayn over to the people running the ride. Zayn, ever the gentleman, paid for their tickets and they clambered into one of the bucket shaped seats; luck seemed to be on their side and even though no one else was on the ride, the woman on the desk started up the Waltzers. As they started to gain motion to the sound of 'Heart Attack', Zayn remembered how amazing Perrie's voice had been in the car and he brought it up, having to yell in order to be heard over the thumping bass of the song

"YOU KNOW I SAID I HAD AN IDEA?"

She nodded so he continued

"WELL I KNOW A GROUP OF GIRLS FROM MY SCHOOL, JADE,LEIGHAN AND JESY, AND THEY STARTED A BAND. THEY APPLIED FOR THE X FACTOR BUT SIMON SAID THEY WERE MISSING SOMETHING"

Perrie nodded but seemed to be missing the point so she gestures for him to continue,

"I KNOW YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SINGER AND I THINK THAT YOU COULD BE THE MISSING PIECE"

He finished and watched her face closely as she seemed to consider what he had just said. After a few tense moments, she opened her mouth to speak, when the ride lurched and she was thrown into Zayn's lap. Forgetting all about their conversation and any lingering awkwardness that comes with finding your long lost love and making out in a hospital, Perrie clung onto Zayn as they were whipped around in circles.

The song had now changed to Year 3000 by Busted and both of their heads snapped up to meet each other's gaze - this had been their song when they were younger and all through their childhood and hearing it now brought up memories for both of them. Perrie jiggled about so she was sat properly on his lap and Zayn took the opportunity to actually look at her.

Her lilac hair was whipping around them; behind her he could see the blurred colours of the fairground lights blending into a messy rainbow; her blue eyes were heavily outlined and it made them pop, looking even brighter than they were before, and looking down at her maroon coated lips he could see that they were curved into a beautiful smile. God he loved her.

His arms moved of their own accord to circle around her waist and draw her closer, and he wasted no time in connecting their mouths. She squeaked a little in surprise before kissing back just as fervently, neither of them wanting to draw back for air. But before long they broke apart, panting heavily and when their eyes met once again they both seemed to realise just how much this meant to them.

"I love you" Zayn told her sincerely, "I always have and I always will"

She flushed slightly before replying with just as much enthusiasm

"Me too Zayn, I love you so much and leaving you all those years ago broke my heart"

Noticing that the ride had ended and that the worker was pretending not to be listening in on their conversation, they decide to find somewhere else to go; and walking away from the Waltzers, surrounded by blinding lights and sounds and with his arm hooked around the waist of his favourite girl, Zayn knew. He knew that she had been worth waiting for.

Meanwhile, Harry was running in pursuit of Louis, who was running at full speed towards FreakOut - a massive rotating claw that swung from side to side. By the time he reached the ride, Louis had already paid the man, kicked off his shoes and launched himself into the nearest chair

"C'mon Curly!" He yelled, making Harry shake his head in fondness.

He started towards the booth to pay the woman there but she stopped him

"He's already paid for you" was all she said, and baffled Harry clambered into the sets next to Louis.

"Why'd you pay for me Lou?" He asked as he kicked off his brogues and sent them flying to the floor. Louis smiled at the nickname before replying with a smirk

"What kind of date would this be if I didn't pay?"

Harry blushed a deep crimson and tried to hide it by turning his head to face the floor, Louis giggled at how cute he was and that caused the younger boy's head to snap up.

"Did you just ... giggle?"

"Noooooo......."

"I'm pretty sure you did. It was cute"

"Shut up"

"You're so cute boobear!"

"Shut. Up!"

By this point it was Louis who was sporting a blush and somewhere along the line Harry had adopted a silly, teasing voice. As they made eye contact, Louis could see the cheeky look on Harry's face disappear and this time he spoke to Louis in a much lower, rougher voice

"Make me"

And Louis went to make him. Or rather to make out with him. But then he remembered that they were strapped to a five ton metal claw that was about to fling them through the air. Inconvenient. He struggled with the bars before throwing his head back and whining, much to Harry's amusement. Louis turned to him and in an equally dangerous voice replied with

"The moment that we get off of this ride, you better get your cute little arse over here and kiss me"

Harry, being the flirt he was, simply winked and Louis threw his head back again in defeat but before he could speak again, they were being lifted up into the air.

Five minutes later, a dazed Harry looked down to find his hand was still being crushed in the death grip of Louis'.

"I thought you said you don't get scared"

"I don't!" Louis argued, even though he was as white as a sheet, and Harry decided to do an impressions of Louis by shrieking

"HARRY! HARRY! HELP ME! WE'RE GOING TO DIE! OH MY GOD! I'M TOO YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL TO DIE!"

Louis grumbled and wrenched his hand out of Harry's, sliding out of his seat and snatching up his shoes before marching away in fake anger. Harry rolled his eyes, grabbing his own shoes before following the shorter boy away from the ride and towards the hook-a-duck rides.

"Lou"

"Lou"

"Louiiiiissss"

Louis was still pretending to ignore him as he walked through the fairground and Harry decided to take matters into his own hands, he snuck up behind Louis and grabbed him around the waist, lifting him easily partly due to his decent strength but mainly because Louis was so small.

"You're so small" Harry cooed, and that was the last straw for Louis who began struggling in Harry's arms whilst grumbling something than sounded a lot like "curly haired bastard". Harry carried him away from the rest of the fairground and towards a nearby tree, he set him down and backed him up against the tree before staring intently at him.

The pair were bathed in the faint glow from the street light across the path, the light accentuating the sharpness of Louis' cheekbones and his golden tan. Harry brushed his fingertips across Louis' jaw and smiled at the way Louis leaned into his touch

"Hi" he whispered and this time when Louis giggled, instead of teasing him he kissed him. Hard.

A/N I am an awful human being who cannot work to any deadline and as an apology, I am already writing the next chapter. I love you all and I'm sorry that I make promises I can't keep

~ Boo xoxox