1: Prologue

"You see, it takes patience to make a man. The patience to watch and wait, to protect all of us, quietly, for God and country, without any recognition at all!" Attinger yelled while holding his gun straight at Cade Yeager, his own "alien gun" laid on the ground, just out of reach. Just in the background, Optimus' battle mask slide off, "Cade!"

"There are no good aliens! Or bad aliens, Yeager." He growled, "It's just us and them." Attinger's finger slid to the trigger, but before he could put any trigger, Optimus beat him to it. Only needing to fire one shot, Attinger fell onto the ground back first. "Anytime." Cade said, eyes wide, quickly dashing over to his alien gun. He kneeled behind a slab of concrete.

Over across the chaos, Lockdown slammed his fist into the side of Optimus' helm, which caused him to release the sword of the Ancient's. Lockdown took this advantage, grabbing the sword and forcibly shoving it just below that spark chamber. He couldn't have just killed his bounty, he needed the last Prime alive!

"You saved the human instead of yourself? You bring shame upon us all." Lockdown spat, shoving the sword just a bit deeper. But in the background, Bumblebee raced back over, with Tessa and Shane. Cade saw the yellow Camaro with the two, almost grimacing. "She never listens. Never."

Cade was not the only one to notice, Optimus did too, "I gave you an order!" He yelled out, he voice barely heard over the chaos that was now beginning to rise up again. "Get out of her, now!" Bumblebee did no such thing, instead he fought against Lockdown, Cade shooting with his alien gun. "Hey, you!"

Optimus didn't want this! He didn't want the humans to get killed because they wanted to help, that why he sent off Bumblebee. He did not want something worse to happen to them. Trying with his might to dislodge the sword, but failing, yelled out, "Cade, get out of here! This is my fight!" Lockdown looked down at the yellow Camaro, scowling while landing a hit, sending Bumblebee back. "It's my fight, and you're all gonna die!" Bumblebee got back up to fight.

Tessa and Shane did their best to drive over a tow truck that hadn't been destroyed in the massacre of machines. Shane drove around the lot, catching Lockdown's legs in the mix, pulling him down to the ground. Tessa running after him, took hold of the end truck's hook. Shane chanting to himself, "C'mon Tess, c'mon Tess."

She ran up, taking the large hook, Optimus still trying to squirm out of his stabbed state. "Get away, all of you!" Tessa landed the hook onto the sword, yelling back to Shane, "Drive!" It's not like he had to think twice, he drove at full force, full speed. And what luck too, it pulled out the sword. As it was flung out, Optimus was now free enough to grab and run towards Lockdown.

"You see my face, your life is done!" Famous last words, the last words of the mercenary. The sword of the great Knights of Cybertron was jabbed through, through the spark chamber. Tearing his blade up, it tore straight from the spark to the top of his helm. Cutting him from middle to top in half. Rather gruesome in Cybertronian terms.

His body laid lifeless on the ground. "Honor to the end." Optimus bowed his helm to the now dead mercenary.

The two children embraced, asked if they were that they met each other. The only time that Cade did not stop the two from 'smooching'. But that calm was not long lived, Optimus took a grenade from Lockdown's hip. "Hurry! Quickly! I'm setting off Lockdown's grenade!" Yelled just before setting off, the three humans there jumped into is cab. As he drove off, that grenade did go off, leaving more of a mess in its wake. 

Galvatron, who smirked from hill that over looked the destruction, only then to turn to leave, his smirk never left his face. "We shall meet again, Prime, for I am reborn."

With Cade and his daughter together again – in a less shoot-y situation – embraced each other. It was quiet a moment, but that quiet was broken by Cade. "Kind of nice being your hero for a change." He whispered, holding Tessa just a little tighter. Her eyes weld up with tears, little scratches decorated her hands and head, choked out, "You always were. All my life... I love you." That made Cade's heart swell, last person she said she loved was Lucky Charms, least he wasn't just some person she dealt with. He held back his own, growing amount tears. "I love you, too." Cade then sighed. "Let's go home to graduation?" He smiled while pulling away slowly from Tessa. "Yeah."

Turning to his daughter's 'boyfriend', still have a smile on his face. "You're okay, kid. Come here, you're all right."

"We don't have a home, Dad. It blew up." A collective frown took hold, but was knocked out when Joshua walked up to the small group. "I might be able to help you with that." The four humans then had kind of a bear hug.

But now, Optimus stood tall and proud, as always. "This seed belongs to our Creators, whoever they are." He stared down at the seed that he held, the one that could destroy everything that a tactical nuke could, frowning. "There remains a price on my head. I endanger you all if I stay. I shall take it where it can never be found." His 'Primely' tone did not waver.

The humans collective bear hug separated, Cade coming closer to the Prime. "Will we ever see you again?" He looked up into the blue optics of the Prime, his own heart feeling constricted at the thought of never seeing him again.

Optimus sighed heavily, blinking his optics. "Cade Yeager, I do not know." He rose his helm towards where on the stars were starting to become visible in the sky. "But whenever you look to the stars, think of one of them as my soul." Optimus took his free servo and made a closed fist over his spark chamber, then turning to face the rest of the Autobots. "Defend this family, Autobots, as they have you. Defend all they can be."

Blasting off, Optimus left his Autobots and newly found human friends behind. His gaze unwavering onto the large, vast empty space, optics narrowed in a thin straight line. "There are mysteries to the universe we were never meant to solve. But who we are and why we are here are not among them. Those answers we carry inside."

Thrusting more power into his flight, he continued.

"I am Optimus Prime. Leave planet Earth alone. 'Cause I'm coming for you."

Notes: How's this? Lol, I really should stop posting so many fanfictions. At this rate I won't finish any of them! But damn, that doesn't mean I won't try to! I totally got the idea for this story virtually when Optimus yelled "Cade!" in the movie. Well, not at first because I want there to be some evidence for my ships - you know, for cononinity. (If that is not a word, it is now.)

Well, thanks for reading this piece of scrap. I actually have some ideas where this could be going... so yeah!

Go ahead and comment how your day was or if you just want to say hi, or something. :)

See ya 'round!