Chapter 26 - Revenge

CHAPTER 26 - REVENGE

************************************************************************************************************

She stared at the celebrations down below. The party had moved from the ballroom to the courtyard were everyone was enjoying little snacks of food. Clarissa stood there, laughing and enjoying herself. Raphael looked up every now and again at her window and nodded his head at her. Her father, was no-where to be seen. Troy and Marigold danced together while Olivia danced with a young fairy boy. Everyone was having the time of their life. Dylan and Avery were no-where to be seen but she knew they were there somewhere. Tears started to swell in her eyes as she remembered Avery's confession. She'd kissed Alex, her only love and soul-mate. 

Selenita dried her eyes and walked over to the bed. Her room was a mess but she didn't care. Her father had forced her to clean up her room but she didn't want to. Nothing could make her feel happy now. Yesterday, was her wedding day, she was marrying Dylan and then Avery returned and ruined everything. She allowed for Alex to sacrifice himself so they could all escape, no matter what she said to defend herself. She hated her so much. She took away Alex from her and then she took Dylan. No much rage flew through Selenita's veins and she actually felt her self heat up. She wanted her to pay for what she did. She couldn't get away with this! The first time she got rid of her, it had worked but then she just had to find Marigold and Troy. This time, she'd be gone and she will never return. 

Laying down on the bed, Selenita closed her eyes and breathed slowly to control her anger. Her heart still hurt from the loss of Alex but she was going to avenge his death. Memories of the two of them came flooding back and Selenita controlled her tears.

Argon's first attack on Enchanted, when the King was killed was when she first met Alex. He found her, among the horse stables. He was older than her, by at least 5 years but it didn't matter because they felt a connection. After that, they got to know each other, became friends when Dylan and Troy had drifted away. And then when she turned, 18, she was accredited as a fire fairy, ironic as she lived under water. At 18, it's the age of finding your soul-mate and she'd already found hers, the connection was so strong, she felt it. It was her birthday night when they made love, completing their mating process. They were linked together forever. Selenita felt complete as she worked with the other fire fairies but it was all sadly taken away from her. Alex started to move away from her, he avoided her and it broke her heart. She went to see him one night but was stopped when she learned his secret, he was working for Argon. Alex found out about her and made her promise she wouldn't say anything. She did, reluctantly and then it was their dirty little secret for awhile. Eventually, it was Argon who exposed him for who he was, as Alex paid too much attention to Selenita. Alex was banished and Selenita's heart broke but no-one ever knew about their mating. When he returned she felt whole again. She spent the night with him and then dropped the bomb-shell that she was marrying Dylan. He was upset and angry at her, accusing her of cheating but she was just as angry, saying she could never be mated with the man that turned against Enchanted and also because she suspected that something was going on between Alex and Avery. They kept their distance, still longing for each other, and then Selenita blamed Avery for treason. That was when she saw Alex for the last time, when they disappeared, back home. 

Selenita opened her eyes and felt tears fall. Why was her life filled with so much tragedy? She sat up as the lights of the fire-works lit up the night sky. She stared out of the window. Even in her memories, Avery's name and face came up. She closed her eyes tightly and pulled at her hair. She wanted to kill Avery, get rid of her but she needed somebody, or some people who hated her as much as she did. Selenita got up and walked over to the window. Scanning the crowd, she noticed her father had joined the party and was now dancing with Clarissa. Raphael was with Marigold and Olivia and Troy were together again. Selenita smiled. She knew three people that hated Avery as much as she did and only they could help her.