Chapter 24 - Forever Mine

CHAPTER 24 - FOREVER MINE

************************************************************************************************************

"Well, where are they?" Clarissa shouted at the guards. Avery and Dylan had still not returned from the battle in the underwater kingdom and everyone was worried something had happened. Clarissa had healed her sister and now she stood, biting her nails, a terrible habit she had when she was worried, frustrated or nervous. Clarissa paced back and forth, anger burning on her face as she tried to find out Dylan's whereabouts.

"I should never have sent him down there!" Clarissa cried as she turned her attention to her sister.

"Clarissa, he went at his own will and he would've gone even if you'd said no, so don't blame yourself," Marigold said as she placed a hand on her sisters' shoulder.

The lake started to bubble and Dylan appeared. He pulled himself out of the water, saying the spell that turned him back to normal. Avery followed and she too did the same. Avery became human again, still in her maid of honor dress but this time her wings flew out of her back. Avery stood next to Dylan as all of the fairy folk cheered for her, making her smile. She turned her head to Olivia, who stood next to Troy. Avery saw she was still in her wedding dress but wings now stood on her back. Olivia ran to her and the two hugged each other, refusing to let go.

"Avery! You're okay! I thought something had happened to you, and I would never have forgiven myself!" Olivia said as she held back tears. Avery nodded agreeing with her. The two embraced until Clarissa cleared her throat.

"Princess Avery," She said in a high voice and Avery broke off her embrace and curtsied, nudging Olivia to do the same. As Avery stood up, all the fairy folk, curtsied Avery and she waved at them all.

"You've done it my dear! You've returned them home safely, I owe my life to you!" Clarissa said beaming a smile. She opened her arms and hugged Avery tight. Avery hugged her back and when the queen backed away, Avery felt her smile drop.

"Your Majesty, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness for my treacherous behaviour during my last visit. I would never want to cause you harm, so please forgive me," Avery begged and Clarissa smiled and stroked her cheek.

"My dear, you returned my nephew and sister. I forgive you for everything you've ever done!" Clarissa said smiling, reassuringly and then she turned her attention Olivia.

"You must be the best friend, I've heard so much about," Clarissa said as Olivia was nudged by Avery to curtsy again. Olivia obeyed and nodded her head, answering the queen's question.

"Yes, your majesty. My name  is Lady Olivia Wenlock, Princess Avery's best friend," Olivia said as he stood up straight again. Clarissa placed a hand on her shoulder as she studied her appearance.

"So I see. I also see you wearing what I believe to be a wedding dress?" Clarissa said in confused tone and Avery butted in.

"Oh, it was Olivia's wedding to Lord Troy, well in our world he was known as Lord Brandon. The wedding was the reason we came here..." Avery said as her voice trailed off.

"A double wedding then! Both cousins getting married, but in different worlds obviously. Dylan's wedding was taking place here with Selenita," Clarissa said with a smile and Avery felt her smile drop. Her heart started to hurt and she felt tears coming into her eyes. She composed herself when the queen turned her attention back to the fairy-folk.