I'm a girl, I can be biased.

WARNING!!! NOT EDITED!!!!! and all the chapters before this one...lol

Chapter twenty-one

Unfortunately, the next day I had to go to work and despite my soggy mood, I smiled and acted like nothing had happened. Truthfully, I’m conflicted, hurt and tired but I can’t just skip work like I can when I was in school. The world doesn’t work that way and I won’t put personal problems before my working etiquettes.

My morning shift ended early, as the coffee house wasn’t that crowded with customers like it usually did. Thank god for that.

But since I need to be making more money, I took both morning and afternoon shift. I had a break in the middle so that I can have my lunch. It’s actually a great job. I was about to leave the counter as it was two minutes till my break, with no customers, two minutes is okay, right?

When I was just about to leave, the door bell rang, signing an open door meaning a customer had just entered. I put on a dazzling fake smile when all I wanted to do was sit down somewhere quiet and stare off into space.

“Good mor—” My greeting died on my tongue and a frown replaced my smile.

“What are you doing here?” I said in an accusing tone, knowing well the reason why he’s popping up at the place I’m working at.

“Isn’t it a bit rude to ask your customer that? I’m here for breakfast.” He had a shadow of a smirk on his lips before it disappeared.

Really, its no coincidence that he’s having breakfast when he’s in the town I’m living in, in the coffee house I’m working in and at the time I’m working my shift.

That reminds me.

My shift is over.

“Well, I’ll get someone for you. My shift is over.” I said cockily. I went into the back and called for Sarah. She had the shift between mine. At the moment, she was busy flirting with the barista, Connor who was a close cousin of the owner, Annabelle.

Annabelle rarely comes to the shop until the end of the month where she comes to manage the finances. Until then, Maddy is in charge and Connor is her eyes and ears. Maybe I should open a shop of my own. Then I get to be like Annabelle and be a three quarter stay at home mom.

I mean, if I find a man I’m willing to settle down with.

But no man can ever replace Richard.

But Richard is a complete idiot.

Sigh.

Ah, why is everything so complex? I’m used to hear my parent’s story of when they first met and sounded like a fairytale. In my mind there was rainbows, a meadow of flowers and birds singing love serenades as they meet at the centre.