Panic

(3 hours till the annual purge)

Phil's Point of View:

God it's almost time for the purge. I'm scared of the endless possibilities. Maybe if I shouldn't thing so negative , I mean I'll be with Dan. His house has all the protection, needed for the next 12 hours.
I should start getting ready to leave to Dan's house.
As I was getting my fringe in order my brother knocked on the door.
"Hey Phil, I know your going to your friends house and it'll all be safe, but I want you to take a few things." Martin said in a nervous tone.
He must be worried something will happen with the security.
I nodded in agreement to calm his nerves.
"Ok well here's a knife you put this on the side of your shoe, that way it'll be close by of an attacker is in sight. Also a pocket knife it'll be useful if someone is pining you down. These are guns, you be careful with these, you aim pull the trigger, and it'll shoot, this is a pocket one and this is a hand one. Use whichever one will be useful. Oh and here is a bullet proof vest and some bullets as well. Hmm is that all, maybe you should take a helmet or a first aid kit?" He said explaining each object he brought.
"Martin,thank you for all this but I don't need it. Plus why would I need a helmet I'm not riding a bike or anything. I'm just going to my friends house." I said amused, sure I love my brother but he's a bit overprotective.
"Please, Phil, take them for my sake. I'll be at grandma's house worrying for my little brother. Oh and call me if you're in need I'll have my phone charged and ready to use." I smiled and nodded at my brother. All the protectiveness he has for me makes me want to cry, he reminds me a lot of my parents. They were always protective of us, they tried their best to get us out of every purge or of any danger ahead of us. I walked up to my brother and hugged him. God I haven't given him a hug in 5 years.
"Thanks, Martin. I'll be safe I promise and I'll take all these things." I got the things and started putting them in the places where they belonged.
"Do you happen to have another bullet proof vest,I'm not sure if my friend has one?" I asked worried that Dan might not have one. He's never been in a purge, so might as well take him one.
"Sure, I have many of them, take one." He said walking out of my room, as I followed him to his. I got a vest and took it with me.
I looked at the time and saw. I have  2 more hours.
I need to start going.
"Hey Martin I'm leaving already, stay safe call me if you need anything." I said as I walked towards the door.
Dan's house isn't too far maybe a 20 minute walk. As I was walking I saw there was a ton of people out getting ready, trying to protect their houses and property. I saw some people even selling mask and weapons to use during the purge. Not guns, but knifes, saws, and other torture devises.
Walking helped me calm my nerves and made me feel confident that nothing will happen.
Suddenly a scary masked popped up in front of me.
I let out a small gasp and my heart started beating frantically. God am I having a heart attack, I'm too young to have those. 
The guy pulled off his mask.
"20% off mask" he yelled so others could hear.
"No thanks" I said catching my breath.
I rushed to Dan's house, hoping I don't bump into more people selling mask.
I rang the doorbell from the outside gates.
"Hello?" A man said, my guess it's one of the people looking over security.
"I'm one of Dan's friend staying for the purge, my name is Phil." I said politely.
"Oh yes Dan's friend, come in" he said that as the gate opens. As I was walking towards the front door, Dan came rushing towards me.
"Yay your here. I'm about to have a panic attack. I'm so scared, Phil" he said quickly, clearly panicking.
"It's ok, Dan. I'm here, calm down everything will be alright." I said hugging him to calm his worries. I felt him give is sight and hugged me tighter. I blushed slightly, trying to push these thoughts away. Dan can't like me that way. Sometimes I think about that but it's impossible. After about 5 minutes of us hugging, we let go.
"Hey Dan, I brought you a bullet proof vest just in case, we won't even use them, my brother was just worrying." I said explaining the best situation.
"Ok, thanks I guess better save than sorry. Come in, let's get some movies ready and make something to eat. We should watch the movies during the purge cause we have 12 hours" he said walking in to his house as I followed his lead.
"Sure we'll have plenty of time, let's just chill for the time being" I said calmly.
I looked at the time.
We have an hour and thirty minutes till it starts.