Hope

Phil's POV:

Panic started to rise again. It seems like I've been panicking all day. I feel the hope I had leave me, these guys were our only chance for safety.

My eyes scanned the women and man, both of which have the same amount of wounds and without a single strand of life left in them.

"Dan, what are we going to do?" I asked the question we were both thinking. "We have to act now, because there are people purging"

"I know...it's just this is so shocking they knew self defense and then they just... weird." He stared at them intently, trying to come up with the solution to what happened to them.

"I know Dan but let's ponder this once we're safe." I said hoping that he knew we had to hurry.

"Ok we have to take them out we have to hurry."

We went to the man's side and opened the door wide. I leaned down to grab his feet while Dan got his arms and head. We gently lowered him to the green grass. I looked at him one last time, noticing his eyes wide opened. The last image of my parents flashed. The way my mom and dad held the same dead eyes and no sign of any emotion.

I can't think about this right now, I closed his eyes and stood up.
I quickly walked to the women's  side and picked her up bridal style, laying her next to the man . Her eyes closed unlike the man. I stood up and looked down at them.

"PHIL! HURRY PEOPLE ARE COMING!" Dan yelled. I looked around and for sure there were three shadows of people coming this way. I ran into the truck closing and locking the door. I turned to Dan and smiled, thankful that we're still haven't gotten hurt.

Turing around to look out the window I saw them a bit closer. There was a girl with a short white dress, with a mask that was completely white, but around the eyes it was black and the red lips were turned into a smile reaching all the way to her cheekbones . Her blonde hair was covered in blood, and now that i realized it her dress was too. Next to her were two guys one with a George Washington mask that covered everything and blue shirt and an American flag tie, and the other with a Abraham Lincoln mask with a tall blavk hat and dark clothing. All of them were covered in blood, and they seemed to continue looking for more victims.

"Dan we should go..." I said scared they will target us next. We have to leave now to a safe place. Hmm.. somewhere safe. A sudden though came to me, Dan's parents are in an unknown place it was the best and only place we can go. "Let's go to my grandparent's house, my brother is there we'll be safe."

"I think that's the best place too" he said suddenly shifting the truck in reverse and pressing the gas and turning around to make sure he won't crash into anything. I had turned around too in hopes that we would not run into any trouble. Dan shifted the gears to drive still having his foot on the break. "Where is your grandparent's house?"

"It's in the forest." I answered and he immediately got it because it was the only forest in town. I turned to look outside, my heart jumping out of my chest when i saw the girl we had seen earlier standing of front of the car. She picked up her hatchet, but Dan acted quickly turning the car on reverse again and pushing the gas. Dan got farther away, and shifted gears again pushing the gas petal down. We drove past her and the guys next to her. All that we saw was the blonde hair flying.

I sight in relieve, we got out of the park without seeing anymore purgers, but maybe I didn't see anyone because everything was dark, nothing could be seen for miles.

My grandparent's house was on the other side of town. We were thirty minutes away from them, we had to get there to them. My brother was there he'll surely protect us.