Chapter 10

#10:

How to Ask for Gifts, Money, or Favors

You can't rush the come up. I've heard ratchets talk about how you have to ask a man early on for small shit like salon trips or phone bill payments in order to weed out the broke dudes from the ballers. The girls who tell you to sprint out the gate with your hand out are most likely broke bitches or dumb Hos who fuck for basic shit like a $22 full set of acrylic nails. Even stupid men aren't that stupid, and to come out of your mouth asking a man you barely know for things is an easy way to get played. A dude's favorite line to use on a stupid or young Ho is, "I got you on Friday." On Thursday, he lures you over to him, gets what he wants, and tells you he'll come by with what you asked for the next day. When Friday comes, he's nowhere to be found. That's how real niggas deal with rookie Hos and gold-diggers.

I've personally had girls ask me for things after a few weeks and it immediately turned me off, and now that I can look back, it wasn't what they asked for it was the brazenness in which they asked. One girl in particular came at me with, "Can you get my hair done," but she said it in a way that was confrontational. When I gave her the "I'll see" line she responded with, "I usually don't have to ask." That was a wrap. Not only did she come with an attitude as if she didn't want to ask, she tried to use some sort of ratchet guilt trip as if I should have bowed down and offered. I already had sex with her the week prior, but even if we hadn't, I would have made the same choice-snip snip. Men don't like to seem as if they owe you something or that you're offering an exchange of services for a favor. As I touched on earlier, endearment is the key. Asking has to be done in a way where a man feels as if he is saving the day for a friend or taking care of a little sister. If that girl would have come to see me, made me play in her nappy ass hair, and complained about not having enough money to get it done while sitting between my legs, I might have fallen for that Ho Tactic.

You can't bully a man into giving, you can't beat around the bush about what you want, and you can't offer a favor for a favor. Know exactly what you want and don't front as if you have the means to pay him back. When it's time to communicate these things you must take all pride out of asking, and play submissive like a cat rolling on the floor for Fancy Feast. That sentimental side is what you appeal to because men rarely say "no" to someone they care about and who has no other option.

"Please" is a criminally underrated word. Take a listen to those people around you who ask with a "please" in their request and you will notice that it's usually said begrudgingly. People say it under their breath or with a sigh, because folks today hate to ask for things, they expect them. Women especially want to seem strong, and to drop a please at the end of a sentence is like being defeated so it's often said with a hint of frustration. Test this out the next time you listen to someone ask and you will automatically notice the vibe I'm describing. Saying please in that manner seems fake, and most likely it won't get you anywhere. However, listen to a child say, "please," and watch as it uncovers the real power of the word. With no ego and zero pride, a 6-year-old will ask, "Can I take this toy home, pretty please," and it breaks your heart to even consider telling them, "no." Hos are aggressive and decisive, but they are also masters at submitting when it's time to ask "daddy" for a new toy. Now that you've mastered how to tunnel your way into the heart of a man, it's time to tug on those heartstrings.

Hoexample

Our girl Maria is ready to move in for the kill with her mark. It's been exactly a month since they met, and she's made the following observations about this man. He has a career, not a job, but he's still climbing up the corporate ladder. He rents, he doesn't own, so he's probably saving money. In addition to the obvious, Maria has done her research on her mark's particular field of banking and guesstimates that he makes l00-130k a year, which is solid, but doesn't put him in the range of a sponsor who typically makes 5-10x that amount annually. Maria's been to his place, she's seen his car, and she knows that he's not a big splurge. He does have style and class, so he appreciates luxury without being a slave to it. Maria has thought long and hard about what she wants from this man in terms of benefiting her lifestyle. The ultimate hustle for Maria is finding a sponsor who could pay her housing and car expenses while she takes the money from her job and invests it in her jewelry accessory line. This mark won't be able to grant her this financial freedom, but he can help her stack her money and get to that place in other ways. Maria writes down her goal: Clothes & Car Note.