Epilogue

Colors {Stollace} Epilogue

Connor paced the hospital room anxiously, biting his nails as he looked at the clock on the wall. He had been there for six hours at least, and his parents were starting to call, but he couldn't bother to pick up. Travis answered for him and told them what was going on. Slowly, night fell. The sky was still cloudy and lightning broke the dark occasionally, before a loud clap of thunder shook the hospital.

"Connor, go home," Hyacinth said gently when the clock read ten. Connor shook his head, biting his lip. "I'll call you if anything happens, okay?"

"No, I want to be here if...if he doesn't make it," Connor whispered and he could see the pain in Hycinth's eyes as he said it. "I have to stay. I need to be here for him."

Apollo hadn't look up from the floor in hours, staring at the tiles like he couldn't lift his eyes. There wasn't a doubt in Connor's mind that he was the one that found Will.

"Connor, sit down," Travis murmured, placing a hand on Connor' shoulder and leading him to a chair. They sat there for a while, Travis occasionally reaching over to rub Connor's back as he tried to console him.

The clock hand moved to eleven, then to twelve, one, two, and finally, three. When it was almost three-thirty, the doctor walked out and said, "I need to speak with the parents of Will Solace."

Hyacinth and Apollo stood up and left. Connor's nerves were buzzing with madness. This was the moment they'd find out if Will made it or not. Connor's hands shook wildly as he pressed one over his mouth to muffle his sobs. Travis wrapped an arm around him and tried to reassure him, but he couldn't say anything that would make Connor feel better.

They'd been gone for an hour. Connor didn't know what to expect when he saw them again. He didn't even know what to think. His mind was running over the times he spent with Will. He made sure to commit them all to memory. Will's blue eyes, his cute smile, when he blushed, how he sang, how lost he got when he played the piano. Connor realized he might never get to see that again and he collapsed against Travis, sobs racking his body.

Two hours and then some after Hycinth and Apollo left, Hyacinth came back into the waiting room, his eyes landing on Connor. Fresh tears marked his cheeks, and Connor's stomach dropped as he feared the worst.

"He's okay, Connor," Hyacinth whispered, watching as Connor's blue eyes met his hopefully. "He's alive."

Connor got up and hugged Hyacinth tightly, sobbing against his boyfriend's dad as Hyacinth rubbed his back.

"He's awake. Do you want to see him?" Hyacinth asked quietly, to which Connor nodded and followed him towards the room. Travis stayed behind respectfully.

They came to the room and Hyacinth walked in, watching as the nurse went to protest, but Hyacinth assured her that he knew what was best for his son. Hyacinth opened the door and let Connor in. Apollo was sitting in the chair right next to Will's bed, his eyes staring at the heart monitor, afraid it would falter. Will's blue eyes fell on Connor and the brunette let out a sob, but covered it with his hand. Will was still alive and okay and it took all Connor's might not to collapse onto his knees.

He walked over to Will's bedside and grabbed his hand, kissing his knuckles lightly. Will have him a tight smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"I'm sorry," the blonde apologized in a murmur. Connor shook his head, tears slipping down his cheeks and onto the hospital blanket. He sat in the chair, his hand still holding onto Will's. He rested his forehead against their conjoined hands, letting out a shuddery breath.

"I love you so much," he whispered. "So, so much."

✦✦✦

When the doctor came in and announced that he thought it was best to move Will to an inpatient mental facility, the blonde freaked out. He clutched onto Connor as tight as he could, begging the brunette not to let them take him. Apollo and Hyacinth tried to pull him away, but Will had an iron grip on Connor's shirt.

"You can't let them take me. Please, I don't want to go back there," he pleaded.

"It's a different facility, Will," Apollo said gently.

"No, they're all the same!" Will cried out, burying his face into Connor's shoulder. Apollo and Hyacinth gave Connor a pleading look and Connor's eyes widened. They expected him to convince Will? If Will didn't want to go, there was obviously some trauma there. He couldn't just let them take him, so he shook his head. Hyacinth mouthed, "please," and Connor looked at Will, who was shaking and whimpering as he desperately clung to Connor.

"They're going to keep you safe, baby," Connor whispered and Will's eyes snapped up to his.

"No, you don't understand!" he cried out. "I can't go there."

"I love you, okay? I love you so much," Connor murmured, kissing Will's forehead softly, before prying Will's hands from his shirt. Will let out cries of, "No!" and "How could you?!" as Connor let Apollo and Hyacinth grab their son. His eyes burned as Will yelled out, "Don't let them take me!"

He threw the harshest glare he could at Hyacinth and Apollo, before leaving the room as his love cried out for Connor to save him.

✦✦✦

"I miss you like hell," Connor whispered into the phone. "They won't let me see you. It's been months and I...I'm fucking miserable, Will. I didn't know they meant an actually mental facility when they said that's where they were taking you. I thought you were just going for a month until you got better and they were going to bring you back," he muttered, hoping one day, when Will got released, he'd get his phone and hear all of Connor's messages. "I shouldn't have let them take you. Now I can't even see you. You're locked away in some cell with a straight jacket probably and I..." Connor's voice cracked. "I'm so sorry I let them do this to you. When you get back, I swear on my fucking life I'll never let them take you again. I miss you s-so fucking much," Connor sobbed. "I love you so much, baby...

"Come back to me soon."