Alana

Benny and I went to my house cause he got a black eye playing. Sometimes I don't know my own strength.

I saw Mer at the stairs case crossing her arms.

"What's your bag?" I asked.

"What do you mean, what's my bag?! Do you have any idea what tomorrow is?" She said mad.

"The 18th?" I said.

"Yes! But what's on that day?" She gritted her teeth.

"Oh! Benny and I's two month anniversary." I said smiling at him.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes! Exactly. That's it. Have fun with him." She said body checking me on the way out.

"That was weird." I said.

"You sure it's just our two month babe?" He said.

"Pretty sure. Now come on, let's put ice on that." I said taking him to the kitchen.

I put it on his eye.

"Feel better?" I asked.

"I'd feel better if you kissed me." He said.

I kissed him. Long.

"Good?"

"Very. Love you babe." He said.

"I love you too." I said. Then my mom walked in with groceries.

"Hey ma." I said. Benny was holding my hand.

"Hi. Aww you guys are so cute." She said making a heart with her hands once she put the groceries down.

"Ma!" I said.

"Sorry." She said.

"Need help with those, Ms. McClennan?" Benny asked.

"Oh, no thanks I can get them. What happened to your eye?" She asked.

"Oh, um, ya see. I may or may not have pitched just a tad bit hard." I said.

"Alana!" She said.

"Its okay. I'm fine." He said.

"See ma. He's fine." I said. He out his arm around me.

"Okay." She said putting the groceries up.

"Well, I better get going I have dinner soon. Bye Lans. Bye Mrs. McClennan." He said then kissed me.

I smiled and ge walked out the door. I went to my room to swoon. God I love him.

After dinner I went to bed.

THE NEXT DAY

Meredith wasn't talking to me all day. I went over and knocked on the door at five.

Her dad answered.

"Hi. Can I talk to Meredith?" I asked.

"She's in her room." He said. I walked in and went to her room.

She was reading Shakespeare. One of my favorites. Temptest.

"Hi." I soar awkwardly. She pretend not to notice me.

"Look, I really wanna know what's wrong." I said. She put the book down.

"Kindergarten. August 18th." She said.
"The day we met! Oh my god. I'm such a bitch." I said.

"Yeah. You are." She said.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"You know what? Save it. Look, I'm happy for you and Benny. Benny's one of my best friends. But you've stopped spending time with me. To hang out with him! Like, he was all that." She said.

"He is great. But Mer you have to believe me. I didn't remember." I told her.

"Exactly! You should have not even forgotten about it. I thought this friendship was important to both of us. But it's not." She said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you getting at?" I said.

"I'm saying. I don't wanna be your friend anymore." She said her eyes watering.

"Because of one little thing?!" I asked.

"Not just that. You forgot my birthday last week. Who does that?!" She replied.

"Then fine. I'll get out of your life. But don't come crawling back to me!" I said then left quickly wiping my tears.

I went to the Sandlot to let out my frustration. I pitched so fast and so far that the ball went flying through Mr. Mertles window. I ran to his front door. He opened it.

"I am so sorry Mr. Murtle!" I said.

"Oh, it's alright." He said.

"Let me help you clean up the glass. It's the least I could do." I said. Then grabbed the broom and swept it up.

"Thank you." He said.

"No problem. My dad's a repair guy if you wanna get it fixed." I said. I mentally slapped myself. Of course he'd want it fixed!

"That'd be nice. Could you tell him to come over later to talk prices?" He asked.

"Sure. He'll be here in an hour." I said.
"Alright." He said. Then I went back to the Sandlot and saw the guys playing.

I went home and told my dad everything.

"Alright. I'll go over. But you're grounded for a month. No Sandlot!" He said.

I sighed. "I guess that's fair." I said. Then he went over to Mr. Mertles to talk.