17

*Darcy's POV*

I cried so hard that I didn't think I had any tears left. My mum gave me her words of wisdom and actually I felt better, much better. She suggested I keep a diary, like she did when she was younger. Apparentley it helped her to write down her feelings. I grabbed one of my note books and opened a clean page I began writting..

Dear diary,

Ben cheated on me. I have so much anger building up inside me that I swear I could just.. POP! Pop into thin air. Sometimes I wish I could just clap and then I could go to a happy place, like with my grandmother. How I miss her... I guess she's happy now. I think I'm going to re- write my new year resolutions. Even though this year is nearly over.. I guess it's a end of year resolution?

1. Don't waste my time with boys. (Actually have little to do with them as possible!)

2. Don't bother with 'Friends' there all fake.

3. Focus on grades, that's all that matters.

4. Chuck out the magazines and read more books.

5. eat more fruit and veg because there good for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess writing in a dairy kinda did help. I have school tomorrow, so I'm gunna ignore Beth and Ben. Or anyone for that matter. All I need to focus on now is grades and my mum. She still hasn't been herself lately. I can tell theres something up, but I decided not to ask. I guess I should hit the hay if I wanna get up for school tomorrow.

-Tomorrow-

Beep. Beep. Beeep. Beeep.

"Alright!" I groaned slamming my alarm clock. I stretched myself out making noises that I didn't think were human and got my lazy arse to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and jumped in. The hot water woke me up a bit. I washed my hair and body, once I felt cleansed I got out and patted my wet body dry with a towel.

When I was finally dry I decided to put my dark wash denim skinny jeans, a white vest, a grey sweater, my light brown uggs, and coat. I dried my hair and put it in a fiah tail plait. I applied little make up and greeted my mum down stairs with a kiss on the cheek. "Chicka.. I need to tell you something." My mother said worridly. "Ok whatsup?" I asked taking a swig from my coffee mug. "I think you better sit." I sat down at the breakfast table and she began.. "Now I only found out yesterday so don't freak. I went to the hospital and they ran some scans. They found out I have a.. a er.. a" By this point there were tears slipping from my mothers eyes. It can't be.. "I have a brain tumor and and.. They cant do nothing. I'm going to die." At this point we were both crying. This can't be I couldnt think. Is this some kind of prank?! My mum is going to die just like my grandmother did. I couldnt handle this. Ben, Beth my mum. I ran out the house and walked to school. My mum begged me to stay, but I couldnt look at her.