01

Jimin//

Seeing old people cry just breaks your heart. Doesn't it?

"Be sure to call when you land." My mother gurgled out, scraping her hand against my chin. Her tiny body slightly shaking with internal sobs.

I was her only child that was leaving her. My little brother was still in school though. So I really don't see the reason behind her sadness if she has another son to cater to.

"Yes, mother." I nodded anyway. Lifting my eyes away from the drowning ones in front of me. I looked at my dad who looked like he was about to have a break down.

Wiping his nose with the sleeves of the sweater I got him for Christmas. "Dad..." I frowned a little.

"Oh don't you 'Dad' me, I have the right to cry. My favorite son is leaving me."

My mother smacked his head as my brother looked down. Scuffing his the tip of his converse on the ground. "Park HaSoon! You can't just say that in front of Jihyun like that. Now get yourself together." My mother's round face turned into a bright red shade. Her glasses hanging at the tip of her nose.

Shaking my head, I gave my brother's hair a ruffle before a pat. He jerked away with a playful snarl on his lips. "Wish me the best Jihyun. See you guys later." I waved them off.

Wrapping my fingers around the plastic handle of my suitcase. Rolling it behind me towards the check out counter. Getting my passport checked and background information. I was done.

Folding it into my bookbag and turning away. "JIMIN!" A voice screeched.

I laughed at the sight of the boys and Luna running over to me. Each of them had bright smiles on their faces as they came to a stop.

"I thought you guys forgot about me." I chuckled. Leaning on my luggage.

"Nonsense." Jhope wheezed, clutching his chest for air.

"I can't believe you're going to America before I do." Namjoon sighed, digging his head into his girlfriend's neck as she giggled and rubbed his cheek.

"We'll go there soon." Her accent startled me. No matter how long they've been together, I could not get over her accent.

"Anyway, be sure to get a good place. I don't want to be sleeping in a box when I come visit." Hoseok grimaced.

"Don't worry, I already bought myself an apartment like the one I had."

"We'll miss you, Jim Boy." Yoongi called out, his arm resting comfortably around Luna's neck. I smiled but looked at Jungkook who stood the furthest away from them.

He still hasn't found love. After what Luna did to him...

"Jungkook-"

"Flight 840 to New York City will be departing in ten minutes." The employee voiced over the loud speaker.

"Take care." Taehyung waved with a side smile. Jin fist bumping me before Hoseok pushed him out the way.

"I have a feeling that someone's waiting for you in New York. You wouldn't be going for a reason." He commented.

I raise an eyebrow, staring at him funny. "Boy, how could i know someone in New York if I've never been there, nor texted anyone."

He shrugged his shoulders, the others already left when the flight was called. "I don't know, it's just a thought. Maybe you'll find love there is what i mean."

"You're talking crazy, I'll never fall in love with a foreigner." My eyes crinkled from smiling.

"If you say so." His eyes twinkled with a wide teeth grin.

I hope I don't fall in love. It's too cliche for me. So overbearing. Cheesy like boys over flowers.

"Call you from New York."

So this was it, leaving my country to another. I practiced English before but lost it along the way. Figured it was no use since everyone spoke Korean.

Wish I hadn't stopped though.

--------
First chapters always suck, right?

~Shauna