06

Jimin//

"What is this?" I poked my fork at the slimy, green leaves on the red plate.

"Greens. My mom makes them all the time. Good thing I made some yesterday huh." She murmured. Puckering her lips to blow the food before putting it in her mouth.

"But why does it look like this?" Questioning again. Too be honest, it looked like shit sitting on my plate with the chicken and macaroni.

"Eat." She reached over the counter, grabbing my hand and putting the fork in my mouth. Almost gagging at the texture but then moaned in delight at the taste.

"You never had soul food before?" Lauren sat back on the the stool. Folding her arms under her chest.

"Soul food? As in Seoul, Korean food?"

She smacked her lips in distaste. "Soul food is what gives us black people soul."

"Really?" Both of my eyebrows shot up to my hair line.

"You really like asking questions, don't you. How old are you? You look pretty young." Her hands held her chin for support while leaning forward in the stool.

"I'm 21." Clumping macaroni onto my fork as I spoke.

"Oh!" She screamed, my skeleton nearly leaping out of my skin in shock. "I'm 22, wow. I didn't think I'd be older than you." The last part was a whisper as I tried to hear.

My phone vibrated on the counter. Hopping left and right. Wiping my hands on my pants. I plucked it from the counter. A group chat between me and the boys started.

HopHope:
I'm bored. Just got off of work.

TaeYoungie:
Stayed at home today.

Jinnie:
Can we skype or something? It feels like forever since we've hung out.

JoonBug:
I can skype. My girl is asleep rn.

Before I could text a quick no, the boys all called me on skype. Mentally cursing myself for having the automatic answer turned on.

"HEEEELLLOOO!" Hoseok screamed. Showing his teeth in the camera.

My eyes darted to Lauren who looked startled. Dropping her fork on her lap. "My greens..." She mumbled.

I'd be scared too.

"Wait a minute," Jin stopped their conversation. "Jimin I don't remember your kitchen looking like that from the picture." He poked the screen with his finger and squinted.

"Me neither. Where are you?" Namjoon questioned, the lamp's light shining onto his face.

"Um, um..." I stuttered.

"Who's that?" Lauren popped, getting ready to walk over to my side.

"IS THAT A GIRL? WOW, YOU WORK QUICK!" I was beyond thankful that she didn't speak Korean.

"Ow!" I cried out in 'pain.' Stopping Lauren in her tracks while shutting the boys up. "Owwwww. Owwwwwww." I howled.

"W-what's wrong?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah boy what's wrong with you?" Namjoon said in English.

"They speak English too?" She whispered act me. Holding her hand up to shield her mouth.

"I can still hear you." Namjoon sassed.

I didn't know what I was doing. But I just went along with whatever came out my mouth.

"My neck. My back..." I arched my back as I got up. Holding my phone away from Lauren's direction and close to my face.

"Ayyyee, lick my p-" Taehyung was cut off by Jin telling him to shut up.

Pretending I was in pain, I picked up my plate and continued out of the kitchen and to the door. Kicking my feet into my shoes. Opening the door in a funky way.

"But that's my plate-" The door shut behind me.

I've never been this embarrassed in my life.

Sitting the plate on the white shelf near the door. Dangling my arms to my sides and breathed a big sigh. I thought I was in the clear, until I heard someone clear their throat.

"So where were you, Jimin?" Hoseok's voice and face was still on my phone. Along with the others.

Damn.

-----------
Short.

~Shauna