At Best (4)

Lapis's POV

I glanced at the blonde next to me. I think her name was Peridot or something from the teacher in roll call. She slouched a bit and kept her eyes locked on her keyboard like it was the most interesting thing on the planet. Though her bulky glasses started sliding down her nose a bit. I felt a small smirk creep onto my face. Should be fun to mess with her. I pulled out my phone and kept it under the table so that the teacher wouldn't notice me using it. He started blabbing away on the rules and how to use the computers and whatnot. I think we all know how to use a computer; we are high school seniors in the twenty-first century after all. The majority of our lives are spent being on the internet.

I continue to scroll through my social media for a while, liking random pictures, reading a few short comics, nothing exciting. I glance to my right again to see Peridot typing away on her computer, seeming completely invested in whatever she's typing. I then notice on the board we have an assignment we're supposed to be doing. Brushing it off, I look back to my phone, now scrolling through Tumblr. As I'm scroll, I see Peridot taking occasional glances at me through the corner of my eye, almost like she wants to say something. I turn my head towards her as she's taking one of her glances.

"Like what you see?" I look her dead in the eye, a cocky grin on my face. Hers immediately turns crimson as she goes back to typing, an annoyed look on her face. I chuckle to myself and lean back slightly in my chair.

Gravity don't mean too much to me
I'm who I've got to be
These pigs are after me, after you

I hum a song quietly to myself till I hear the bell ring. I look up at the clock to see that I've been lost in thought for 20 minutes! I grab my stuff and walk out of the classroom, giving one last smirk to the blonde who was next to me. She noticed and I saw her face flare up again as I walk out. Amethyst jogs up next to me with a wide grin on her face, which I respond with a confused glance.

"What's with the look Ame?"

"What's with that look you were giving the nerd who sat next to you?" I laugh a bit at her statement.

"Just someone who bumped into me in the hallway. She's fun to mess with."

"Oh really? Looked to me like you had a thing for her." She started wiggling her eyebrows as I just broke out laughing.

"No way. If anything we'd be acquaintances at best." We kept chatting while walking to our next class and my mind started to wander to the small nerd. I won't lie; she does look kinda cute with her small stature and hair spiked in a messy diamond.

            Maybe we could become friends at best instead.

A/N

Eyo smol gems! I hope you enjoy the chapter and to try to have some sort of schedule I'm going to do my best to update every 3-5 days. Not sure how well I'll follow this schedule I'm setting for myself but only one way to find out! Cya

~Ace