They Named Me

They Named Me
___________

Sometimes, I find myself staring at my parents.

Two very busy parents desperately wanting to bond with their teenage daughter.

I could tell they wanted to ask me numerous things.

Somewhere along the lines of where I have been and why I haven't answered their calls.

Sighing, I looked at them.

"There is this project in one of my classes where we are paired up with someone to learn more about them. My teacher said this is sort of like an culminating task. That's where I was yesterday. I was learning about my partner."

In more intimate ways.

I tried to hide my smirk as my parents exhaled the breath they were holding.

"Thank goodness! We thought you were doing other... Things."

I raised an eyebrow. "Like what?"

My mother chuckled nervously. "Oh you know..." She looked at my dad for help.

"We just thought you were doing drugs!" My dad completed.

My eyes widened. "Oh no... No, I wasn't doing that."

"Thank God," my dad muttered.

We all looked at each other and breathed a nervous chuckle. Obviously they assumed the worst and I wanted to remind them that they can trust me but then I stopped myself. Can they? I have hidden so much from them. About Chase, about Tasha, about everything really...

All they know is that we broke up, that we were done. Over. They didn't know about the assault, I never filed a report, scared to death of the idea of bullying. Although, I regret it now. If only I got it, told someone, anyone. I exhaled, my hands shaking. Thank God that person, whoever he was, came when he did.

"Please stop," my sobbing voice pleaded but my voice was unheard by him. He continued with his act of sin by pressing me impossibly harder against the wall. His hands were getting worked on my jeans and then the panic started to control me. I started trashing around, desperately looking for a way to get out of this.

He grunted as he shoved me against the wall and lowered his lips to my ear.

"Stop trashing around, I know you want this babe," he growled as I closed my eyes in fear, tears falling.

"I-I don't," I whispered as I kicked him and he let me go, moaning. I took this as my chance to get away and I managed to get away by three feet before he grabbed me by my hair and shoved my head against the wall, my head bouncing off the bricks.

Red crimson blood was on my hand as I touched the spot that was hurting the most. It was bleeding heavily and it looked like I had to make another excuse for the hospital later if I ever made this one out alive.

He lowered himself to my level as his breath fanned my face.

"This was your mistake, Chanel." He said before he passed out, leaving me out all alone.

Before I could even run away, he opened his eyes again. He immediately regained control again.

His lips were inching closer and closer to my collarbone, his fingers fumbling with my buttons. I had big fat tears rolling down my cheeks as I mumbled through his hand that was clamped over my mouth. I bit down on his finger as I screamed for help as loud as I could.