Chapter 10

On the way home from training, it was silent. Tension between the two of them had risen because of what Becky had said to Christen. Of course Julie understood Becky had to say something, but she was afraid her girlfriend had just ruined her relationship with one of her best friends. She didn't know what to do or say. She hoped by the next morning things would be less awkward and back to normal.

"So, um," Julie tried to start a conversation, but she didn't quite know what to say. She didn't think Becky was mad at her or anything, it was just really awkward and strange. She wasn't used to not talking to Becky.

"What's up?" Becky looked over.

"Uh, um, I don't exactly know how to say this, but I'm worried you ruined me and Christen's friendship. I'm not mad at you or anything, just, a bit worried," Julie confessed.

Becky let a small frown grow over her face, and she put her hand on Julie's thigh. "Well, if that's the case, I'll talk to her about it, or you can, if that'd make you feel more comfortable."

"Okay," Julie said uncertainly as they got out of the car and walked in their house. The first thing she did was take a shower, and Becky made dinner. When Julie got out of the shower, she threw on some Nike sweatpants and a U.S. Soccer tank top.

She walked downstairs to what smelled like barbecue chicken. Becky was putting pieces of chicken on plates. Julie took her plate and sat down at the table.

She realized she had forgotten to get a drink, so she walked to the refrigerator and took out a Starbucks Cappuccino. She tried walking away but she found herself being pulled into Becky's arms.

"Listen, dude," Becky said playfully," I'm really sorry if I ruined your friendship with Christen. I just felt like it needed to stop. I'm pretty sure you felt that way too," she finished.

"You know, that's the reason I love you as much as I do. You'll do something that hurts or saddens someone, and you'll apologize. You're so caring and kind and beautiful and amazing and perfect and yeah you get it," Julie told Becky, smiling.

"And that, my darling, is the reason I love you," Becky responded, and kissed her girlfriend softly.