Chapter 11

*GAMEDAY*
The next morning, when Becky woke up, she found Julie snuggled on top of her, and decided against awaking her. Instead, she lay there staring at the ceiling, digging deep into her thoughts about what she had done to Julie and Christen's friendship. I had to do it, Becky thought, but I feel like I could've done it in a nicer way.
She was pulled out of her thoughts when a stirring Julie rose to consciousness.
Julie looked at her girlfriend and smiled. "Good morning, beautiful," she said.
"Good morning, babe," Becky replied,"What do you want for breakfast?"
"I don't know, I'm not really that hungry," Julie replied getting out of bed and heading towards the door. "It's gameday, so I don't want to have anything too heavy."
"I'll make some eggs and toast," Becky told Julie. "That sound good?"
"Sounds perfect," Julie replied.
They ate their breakfast, chatting about random topics.
* FOUR HOURS LATER*
Becky's text tone went off. She picked up her phone to see that it was from Jill. She wanted them in the hotel lobby in 45 minutes.
"Looks like we should get ready to go," Becky told her girlfriend, locking her phone and putting it down.
They went into their bedroom and put on their USWNT gear: a Nike jacket, and Nike pants, both with the crest on them. Becky slipped on a pair of blue Nike running sneakers, and Julie put on a pair of pink Nike Roshes. They headed to the hotel lobby with their phones and purses, headphones around their necks.
Becky and Julie boarded the bus, finding seats towards the middle. They sat down, and when everyone was seated, they felt a slight rumble, then the bus started moving.