The Celestial Knight (fanfic)

A/N 

HI everyone, especially to MyLovelyWriter!

Out of peer pressure, I made this version of Chapter 28 or rather the epilogue, as an entry for the TCK one shot contest. I really wanted to share this one and hopefully you will find it to your liking.  XD

(With Apologies to MyLovelyWriter, for taking things further)...

Corvan's blood ran cold when he saw that the necklace of protection was already dangling at Courtney's hand. He knew that by removing the necklace of protection would mean Valeriana's death—and somehow, the thought that she would die and crumble into ashes was very much repulsing.

True, he hated her guts- the way she opposed him, bickered with him and the way she got into his nerves. Regardless, he didn't want her to disappear. No, not this way. The girl had already carved her way into his system, even though he had been trying to deny it.

He ran forward when he saw that Valeriana shoved Courtney away. She scrambled like a scared rodent towards a corner. She was trembling while getting paler  by each passing second. She seemed so fragile that he was afraid that if he touches her, she would break.  

 "Snap out of it, you stupid witch!" He yelled. Instead of retorting back at him like he expected her to, Valeriana cowered due to the intensity of his voice.

Feeling more and more irritated, he suddenly snatched the necklace from Courtney's hands. Without a word, he shoved it into Valeriana's trembling fingers and helped her hold onto it like there's no tomorrow.

The Headmaster's voice reverberated throughout the walls. "I am afraid that the necklace is ineffective."

Corvan turned to Kylon, panic painting his face. "What do you mean?!" He yelled, disrespect was evident on his tone-totally forgetting that he was talking to the headmaster. 

"The necklace of protection is a spell cast only once." He said, his voice sounding calm and, at the same time, cold. "And only effective once. If the necklace is taken off from the person it is originally protecting, it loses its effects. I've been warned of this by Lord Aeron."

"We have to do something- we can't let her die like this!"

The Headmaster told him. "Take her to the office immediately. We may still have a chance..."

Unexpectedly, instead of helping her up, he hurled Valeriana like a weightless sack onto his back and carried her on piggyback, much to everyone's bewilderment.

Snapping back to reality, the headmaster turned his attention to the two girls, glowering especially at Courtney.

"I'm disappointed in you, de la Evereesha." He said. "You've broken some of the rules of this academy twice in a row because of your hotheadedness and you even dare stain your hands with blood."

"H-headmaster . . ." Courtney stuttered. "I didn't . . . I didn't mean to . . ."

"You'll do the explaining in the office after I called for you." He told her before he looked at Chavi. "You're coming, too."

-*-

Valeriana's tears fell down non-stop, making her vision blurred. She was still gripping the broken necklace that Corvan gave her.

She won't be able to go back to earth and see her mom and brother. All her efforts were put to waste since everything she had done would be ending here.

A huge lump was forming on her throat. She wanted to shriek but wasn't able to do so, when she realized that she was being carried by Corvan... on Piggyback.