What if 4 (part 1)

Vacation

Valemnia...Celeste Academy... Celestial Circle residence...

"Why do I have to stay here? I want to go and have fun too." Keelan complained for the nth time. He was seated on his usual chair around the Circle's table waiting for food to be served. But when the food came, he looked at it with discontentment.

"I want to eat food from Earth." He whined while grabbing a chicken leg.

Slightly offended, Charles asked while narrowing his eyes. "Are you having problems with the meals I made?"

Keelan almost choked on the piece he was devouring. He swallowed before trying to explain what he meant. "No offense meant Charles. But you see, it is a once in a lifetime chance to go to Earth and taste the delicacies."

"It is quite unfair! Why were all the girls have to go? Why can't we be the ones to go instead?" Raziel piped in

"It can't be helped. Valeriana specifically requested to take all the girls." Charles sighed. "Zevlin was the only exception since he could not be separated from his twin."

Ever since Valeriana had shared the news the other male rankers, Keelan and Raziel had been complaining. They were not happy that they were left behind.

"The room is really quiet without the ladies." Corvan muttered. "I quite enjoy the peace due their absence."

It was very much noticeable that the residence was a bit gloomy without the presence of the female rankers. Although some of the boys welcome the tranquility, they still could not help but feel a bit left out due to the situation.

All of the sudden Keelan muttered while sulking. "If I had known that only the girls were allowed, I would have pretended to be a girl."

The rest of the male rankers were dumbfounded with his revelation.

Being the first one to snap out from shock, Raziel almost cried out. "That would be impossible Keelan! Among the six of us, only Brindon could pass as a girl."

Unexpectedly, Brindon suddenly said. "I pass as a girl."

The remaining male rankers were utterly flabbergasted. They never had any inkling that Brindon would say something as such. True, there were times that he was mistaken as a girl through his appearance, but Brindon had never said anything about it.

"You didn't just admit that did you?" Keelan asked in suspicion.

"Kidding." Brindon muttered nonchalantly.

The rest of the rankers just raised their brows but did not delve any further. After they had eaten their meal, the boys dispersed and went about their respective task. About an hour later, the male rankers were seated on the lounge, feeling bored more than usual.

"I can't take this anymore!" Keelan almost bawled. "I want to go to Earth too."

"We can't do anything about that now." Rowe said as he stopped reading his book. A look of boredom was on his face. "They had left a few days ago and we cannot possibly go after them. We would need a special permission from King Bertram."

Keelan was left with no choice but to sulk.

Just then, loud knocks resounded from the door. Being the closest one to the doorway, Rowe obliged himself to greet their guest.

"Good evening... Lord Aeron!" Rowe was a bit surprised when the Court Leader appeared on their doorstep. "Please come in."

"Good evening Lord Rowe! Gentlemen..." the older man greeted cheerfully before sauntering in. He took note the faces of the remaining male rankers before asking. "Why such long faces?"