Caught in the Act

"He is squishing me like I'm a teddy bear!" Valeriana thought before she finally gave up.

She stayed wide awake and just stared at the ceiling with utmost interest while keeping herself still as a statue. Every time she tried to move, even just a little, Corvan's embrace got tighter and tighter.

Instead of squirming-trying to get out of his grasp and on the process, waste her energy- she had chosen to stay still. She had to preserve her energy, so that if Corvan's hold would loosen, she could easily slip away.

Although, Valeriana appeared to be still and calm, her heart was thumping like crazy and her mind went overdrive with all possible scenarios.

'What if Charles will come back and see us like this?'

She didn't really have to worry about Charles, since he was not that talkative. But, in case Tamara would be the one to see them... The whole thing would be known to the whole academy in no time.

She just hoped and prayed that none of the other rankers would think of barging in the first ranker's room.

She took a glance at the young lord to see if there's any progress in his condition.

'He seemed to be in deep slumber. I wonder what's wrong with him. If he sleeps like this, no one would ever feel intimidated by him. He looks so innocent.'

As Valeriana kept on gazing at him, her hand moved on its own and lightly brushed away a few stray strands of Corvan's hair. As soon a she realized her train of thoughts and her actions, she stopped short.

'What am I doing?' she mentally berated  herself. 'I couldn't possibly think that way! Although, I have to admit that he is good looking, still thinking like that... would lead to disaster! Go away, sinister thoughts! I need to concentrate!'

She looked away from him as she tried to calm her erratic heart and sort out her jumbled thoughts.

'Valeriana, remember that he is a devil. He made you suffer several times during your training. He is rude and inconsiderate.'

When she felt that she was in charge of herself, she decided to wait for a while for Corvan to stir. She was hoping for the best that she could get away from him without any scratch.  

Seconds...

Minutes...

and an hour had passed...

She could feel her eyelids getting a bit heavier than before. No doubt, she was getting sleepy.

'When is he going to let go of me?!' Valeriana's mind suddenly screamed in alarm.

She would have pushed Corvan off his bed in dread, but she managed to rein herself. She noticed that the young lord did not even budge a little for the whole time. He was very much comfortable using Valeriana as a body pillow, hence he was asleep.

Since her body was stiff from staying still, she tried to shift her position for a bit. As a result, Corvan finally moved. However, instead of letting her go, he pulled her closer to him.

Valeriana's eyes grew wide when she realized that Corvan's face was just a few centimeters away from hers. She could literally feel his breath caressing her face.  

'Why do I have to be in this situation? This is sheer torture!' She almost cried out in sheer frustration.

But the teasing gods did not stop there. Valeriana stiffened when she felt his hand moving slowly from her back towards her nape. Then he held her head in place, before leaning in to kiss her.