Chapter 2: Another Deal?

I woke up with a sore body, my back ached and my legs hurt from all the activities yesterday, and of course mopping the floor also includes. That damn bastard. He caused all of this. If he hadn't been such a candy eye, Tammy would never see him and made me do the bet. But now it feels like he haunted me the whole night. That jerk's sexy-husky-voice and not to mention his perfect body, those broad shoulders and biceps. Those beautiful brown eyes and cocky smirk. He's knows exactly how good looking he is.

Wait.

No. I don't like him! He's arrogant and totally not my type. And of course he's good looking, he's a model! Gosh, why am I having this polar opposite thoughts in my head? I should be checked in to the psych ward for even having these thoughts.

"VICTORIA JADE EVANS!" Cassandra's opera voice knocked me out from my daydream. I'm sure I was in trouble by the way she called me by my full name. I quickly got up, fixed my skirt and carefully made my way to Cassandra's office's door. Before I opened the door, I looked at Tammy whose mouthing me you're dead. Thanks for the support.

I rushed inside to Cassandra's office. Do my eyes deceive me or am I having a hallucination. The jerk is sitting there in front of Cassandra with an evil smile plastered on his face. I gave him a death glare, but I was only making his smile wider and wider. Why didn't I notice he came inside? The only way to get to Cassandra's office is through the assistants' tables and I was sitting there! Well, I was completely lost in my own mind. Even worst, thinking of him.

"One of the models here, Ryan Lachowski - as you already know that, saying he was disturbed by your attitude yesterday." Cassandra said with an accentuation in every word she just said.

Just as I expect it to be. My cheeks flustered in embarrassment, this is the first time that Cassandra called me in other than trying to give me another assignments. Now I'm here because of my attitude? I was known here for being a good employee and I stray myself away from any drama.

"I don't think I ever cross path with him yesterday." I said casually. Cassandra didn't seem to accept my lie. She gave me a judgmental look that I always get from her.

"Are you saying he's in the wrong?" She sneered at me. I understand why Cassandra would take his side, she value our client's satisfaction more than the well-being of the employees.

"I apologize for any discomfort you might have felt from whatever I said or did unknowingly yesterday." I'll take the high road this time. I don't want her to get mad, I could get fired and become an unemployed young woman and live in the street. Well, I'm exaggerating but it could happen though.

"Well I expect to you to reflect on your actions and come back in a month. How is it?" Cass words like a venom to me, did she just laid me off? She can't do that just because of someone's words that has no basis or detail other than 'I pissed him off'.

"Woah woah no need to rush here Cassandra." Ryan stood up. Now he just realized he's messing with the wrong person. Or maybe he really wanted to get me in trouble. "She did nothing that wrong right?"

"We take our client's satisfaction seriously, Mr. Lachowski." Her tone is firm and professional. But telling me off in front of the client seems petty to me. I know she dislike me but I didn't know the hatred would be to this extent.

The situation melts by a knock on the door. Tammy popped her head from the door. "Cassandra, your husband is on the line."

"I'll deal with you later. And for Mr. Lachowski, thank you for your cooperation with us." Cassandra smiled as if nothing had happened before.

She dismissed me and right as I was leaving, I could hear faint conversation of them. Tammy then asked me what happened inside and I told her that it was all because of that jerk that goes by the name Ryan Lachowski. I still couldn't believe he reported me to Cassandra for having attitude problem? It wasn't even work related. But if I must look on the bright side, I'm glad that he didn't tell her about me cosplaying as a cleaning lady and accidentally drop a bucket of water on his feet.