Chapter 19: Daddy's Issue

I've been staring at this sparkle on my finger for almost an hour. When I arrived back home, my parents weren't home so probably they are coming late. I told Ryan to go too, because I don't want him to be here when my parents home. My dad would've done something to push him away from me. And I feel really bad for lying to Ryan. I wanted to tell him about my parents setting me up with Chace but I'm waiting for my parents to change their mind about it.

My mom text me to dress nicely, and I know someone else, other from Chace would come home with them. But I have no idea who. So I just threw on a floral skater dress.

About 10 minutes later, I heard two cars pulling in in front of the house. And awhile later, my mom called my name.

"Victoria c'mon, we're having lunch at Costes!"

Sighing, I greeted my mom with a groan. She just rolled her eyes at me and told me to get into the car.

I caught a glimpse of Chace's fancy car and an old man smiled from the passenger seat. I'm pretty sure he's his dad. And that makes me wonder what the hell this lunch is for?

-----------------------

We were seated at a private room in Costes. The place looks glamorous that my floral skater dress looks cheap compare to this surrounding.

The food on the menu looks tempting too. My wallet wouldn't be enough to eat salad here.

My mom seems to notice the sparkle on my finger because the look in her face says so when she saw it.

"What's this!?" She half-yelled and whisper, taking my hand to look closer.

I let go her grip. "It's from a friend mom, it's a friendly gift."

She glared at me. "Good, because you're not getting married to anyone else soon."

She then plastered a smile and join a conversation with my Dad and Chace's Dad.

Chace and I were just playing with our food. No talking. No eye contact. He looks so different from yesterday. He was cool and friendly yesterday. Now he looks like he has something to hide.

After a little silence from eating the dessert, Chace's Dad cleared his throat and started talking about something really serious.

"So, as we know that my son here, is encountering a new chapter of his life at the age of 28. Finally after this half century of my life, I'll be seeing my son, soon, marrying to this beautiful young woman, Victoria."

Did I hear right? Did he just say my name? Marrying soon to Chace?

My eyes widen in surprise. I should've known, dinner at Costes is another way for telling a very important news.

I looked at my parents, they were smiling like they've talked about this to me. I knew Dad had told me he set me up with someone, but I didn't know that he's setting me up to a marriage.

And then Chace, he just nodded to whatever his dad was saying. I could just stormed out and bang the table but I couldn't, I just didn't want to cause a scene. But deep down, I was beyond mad. I'm furious. My parents don't rule my life like that. Deciding who I can or can not marry. I still can't believe that my mom would do something like this to me.

This lunch is just getting worst.

------------------///////-----/

I'm glad the lunch has over. The ride home was so quiet. I didn't want to say anything until we arrive, because I need to talk to my Mom.