Chapter 1: Grumpy

"Damn look at him! He's so freakin' gorgeous." Tammy, my work partner and my best friend, shouted.

We're currently at the Juke's Bar, located on the basement of our workplace. This is the place we usually go to finally ease off our stress from the hectic schedule.

A group of male models sitting at one of the tables nearest to the bar. This is a typical view for me because all of them are gorgeous, hot and charming - and boring. I've worked for LOVE magazine for almost 6 months and still, Tammy hasn't stopped saying everyone that has worked with us is gorgeous. Well to me, they all look the same. They're great to look at, but most of their personalities are bland and they treated us like they're better than us (most of them, at least).

One of the models caught my eye as he loosened the knot of his red paisley necktie, taking a moment to unwind after a long day at the photoshoot. I think I saw him before when I passed by the Men Formal photoshoot this morning.

"He's cute." Tammy muttered privately, pointing at the brown haired guy.

I took a sip of Amber beer and glared at her. "He might be gay."

"Might." She obviously didn't look hard enough. Tammy looked astonished that I'd thought of that.

She glanced away from him to me with a smirk plastered on her face. "You should date him, Vicky."

I almost choked. "Never."

"When was the last time you date someone?"

I really don't want to remember the last time I dated someone because it was a disaster. My mind flashed back to the last man I dated. I still remember when Kris, the douchebag I dated since middle school, put a ring on my finger when I was 18 and how I gave the ring back, we were engaged and happy and I thought I had found my happily-ever-after. My parents were very supportive of it but I should've listened to my Nana's advice more, to slow things down since I was still very young. Then a month later I caught him making out with my ex-best friend, as I was about to surprise him for his birthday. Since that day, I never talked to him again, nor ever listen to what his excuses were.

"I'm starting to think you're a lesbian." Tammy ordered another onion ring for the third time this afternoon. "You really need to get laid, real soon."

I retaliated for her snide remark by snapping her in the ass with my purse. If only she knew I'm keeping an eye on my next door neighbour, José. We've been neighbours for months now but we never really talk much. The longest conversation we had was about him informing me that my package was mistakenly put on his mailbox. He seems like a very sweet and polite man. I wanted to get to know him more but I never gotten the chance to. Though I decided to keep it a secret because I know Tammy wouldn't shut up about this.

She pouted while rubbing the spot where I hit her lightly. "Let's make another deal, just walk to him, if he flirts with you, you'll do whatever I ask you to do and if he doesn't do anything, I'll do whatever you want."

Compared to the previous deal games we made, this one is too easy for me. "Fine."

I stood up from my seat, fix my wrinkled skirt and walked like a Hulk to the group of the male models and trying not to impress anyone, and I can hear Tammy's groaning behind me. Yep I'm going to win this thing.

But then again, I shouldn't spoke about easiness when luck wasn't on my side today. A man from another table nearby, suddenly stretched one of his leg to my path, not noticing I was passing by. I tripped on his leg, stumbled forward, closing my eyes to ready myself for the hit on the ground but I felt two large hands grabbed my hips and pulled me back making me fall backwards to another hard surface. For a moment I thought I fell on the table, then I realized I was sitting on someone's lap. I turned around to see who is it.