Chapter 9: Wait, What?

It's Saturday. It should be the day when I sat down and chill. But I had to work even though Cassandra was giving me extra assignments, I was glad because she finally started talking to me again. Ryan said he'll be at my apartment at 11AM and it was already 10 and I haven't finished rearranging the pages for next week edition. 

Doing the cover was the hardest part. Choosing the right shoot for the front page. Especially with Jose's face in it. I wanted to delete all of the pictures of him. But that would get me fired. 

I guess I'm going to be late for this proper date, as he said.

Speaking of Ryan, he did surprise me last night. He looked like a different person. I can't believe he told me about his secret and I can't believe I almost spill my own beans. It was so easy to convince myself that my secret would be ok with him, but it was so hard when it came to tell him with words. He was so sweet and caring until we reached the conversation about the outfit I'm gonna wear. But anyways he made me forgot that I was and still deeply in-hate with him, literally. 

"That's the last of it," I muttered to myself as I took off my glasses. It was already 12 and I'm sure those vibrates on my phone were from Ryan. So I decided to text him.

I just finished my work, stop calling me. I'll be back soon. I texted him.

I drove myself back to my apartment, Tammy was supposed to be there though, and she didn't tell me she was going somewhere else. When I got in, Ryan wasn't there. I heard the flowing water and Tammy's wanna-be a rockstar voice from the bathroom so I guess Tammy was taking a shower.

"Tammy? Was Ryan here?" I yelled.

She turned off the water. "What?" 

"Was Ryan here?"

"Yes, he said he'll be in the next door." 

Next door. Of course. They are best buds. Both like sleeping with different girls every night. And I couldn't believe I said yes to going on a date with him. What kind of spell he casted me yesterday to make me do that pinky promise?

I decided to call Ryan. No way I would step a foot in front of Jose's door.

"I'm in my apartment now, are we going or not?" I said, sounding a little bit pissed.

"Damn Grumpy, you changed again. Do me a favor, don't wear anything because I'm picking your outfit." I rolled my eyes. I could imagine him smirking right now. Seconds later, I heard footsteps in front of the door, and later, a knock. 

I hung up and opened the door. There stood Ryan, in his white shirt and a pair of black jeans.

"I thought you were already naked."

"In your dream."

"Always." I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up. He's not being serious, is he?

"Anyways, wear this." He handed me a bag that said 'forever 21'. I didn't take it. I didn't want him to spend his money on me, again.

"I told you to pick an outfit for me, which means, from my closet." 

"I already bought it, no way I'm going to wear it."

"Just give it to one of your girls then."

"I will, when you're done wearing it." He jokingly said.

"Is that like a ritual outfit? For every girl you take on a proper date? Who wore it before me?" I said, trying to keep up with his game. Well, what if the girl before me had AIDS and her sweat from the outfit will get into my system and then I'll get the aids and I'll die before I could take it off. I probably think too far but who knows.