Chapter 16: Changing Line

Love is confusing, weird, annoying, pointless and all other negative words. I can't even describe it anymore for the past 25 days. 

I'm just flummoxed. So happy one second, devastated the next. It's obvious everything would change after that kiss, but I never thought that would be this change. 

I can't believe I actually loved someone I hate once that I knew I shouldn't have got involve at first. As much as I want to stay away from him, I miss him. I still want him. I still want to hear him say that he's sorry, he was wrong, that he loves me. But I know it's impossible. I wasn't the only girl that he has to please. He still has that Taylor girl-whom he bought a gorgeous necklace.

Tammy knew about my dad though. Earlier before I went back, my dad told her about his plans for me. She wasn't there when I got there because she was out calling me to warn me to not go back to the apartment. But I didn't check my phone so I had to have a very bad night.

As much as I want to forget everything, I just couldn't. I tried every night not to think about him, or remember all the fun we had, but I failed. 

What bothers me a lot is he didn't even call or show up again, like he used to when he made a mistake. And it makes me think that everything we had has come to an end.

Now normal days don't seem normal again. Maybe I should just take the offer, live with my parents and marry a perfect guy. I just don't care about starting to love again. I just want to get over him. Why is it so hard?

"Tammy, if I move back to Budapest, will you still be visiting me?" Tammy stopped typing on her laptop, looked at me and sighed.

"Well, I would miss my roommate and my best friend and of course I'd visit you. But I could search you another good guy around here."

As far as I know, most guys here are douchebags. So that'll be impossible.

"I hate seeing you like this. Your work life is a mess, your personal life is worst. You shouldn't think about him Vic, you deserve better."

"I just can't help thinking why didn't he try to reach to me? Am I not worth it?" I wanted to bang my head on the table in front of me in frustration. Being depressed of love isn't a new thing for me, but this one feels different.

"Err.. You know, guys like him, like you said in the beginning, he's just not worth for you. I was wrong about him." Tammy said, her attention was back again to her work.

Maybe she's right. I need to forget him. I need to everything he's done to me. 

"I gotta go. I'll take a cab back. You have no more work for me right" Please say no.

"No." Thank God.

I headed downstairs to where the cabs are. I want to drink my thoughts away - at least for the night, for the sixth time this month. 

----------

Fifteens minutes now I'm at the Chum, it's crowded as usual. I just don't get why does everything the same as it was here? 

As I made my way to the bar, Dylan seemed to notice my existence miles away. And the look in his eyes doesn't show excitement like he always has when he saw me. I guess he's getting bored seeing my face around here.

"Hi." I said, taking a seat on the stool.

"You need to stop going here this often. I'm not giving you anything to drink." Dylan yelled through the blasting music as he made shots of tequila to some girls sitting 2 seats away from me. Their giggles were as loud as a chimpanzee having an orgasm. Didn’t they know Dylan’s gay?

Well, if he's not going to make me one, I'm going to make it myself then if I have to. 

I looked behind me, staring at the DJ booth. Sometimes hoping the current DJ would step away and another person would take the place. 

Dylan walked to me again. "Aight’, I'm going to give you one beer only and you have to finish it slowly ok? And I'll call you a cab back."

"One beer? What's the fun of that?"

"Last time you were here which was last week, you had 6 shots and that was enough to make me took care of you for the rest of the night. Thank God my friend was there to replace me." 

"I'm sorry, okay? I just have loads of shit going on in my life."

"Shit or love?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not the only one that drinks your love problems away, Vic. Ryan's been here almost everyday to get drunk and blabbered about you. And I had to listen to all that."

Ryan's been talking about me? I don't know why that kinda gives me a splash of hope. But I shouldn't get my hopes up that much. I came here to get over him.

"He did?" I tried not to sound so desperate.

"Yeah." Dylan's gaze shifted to something behind. "In fact, he is here now."

He slowly pointed at someone whom I already know. 

When I was about to look at behind me, Dylan stopped me. "Don't. Trust me, you don't want to see him."

His words didn't stop me from being curious though. I looked back. And I know I should've taken Dylan's advice to not look behind. 

He's already with someone new. Not technically new. He's here with that older woman we met in Taco Bell. I think the name's Jessie. She wears slutty outfit. Why’d he want to go out with that trashy woman?

He's over me that soon? It's only been like 3 weeks. 

"You could hide in the back room, if you want." Dylan offered.

"Why would I do that? I don't really care if he already has someone new. Maybe he likes easy girls, you know, someone that's not grumpy like me. Or maybe he's into older girl, or maybe blond beauty. Or maybe he's just not into me or something. Or..." When I realized what I was blabbering about, I immediately shut my mouth. I hate that I just couldn't control my feelings. 

Dylan shook his head, grinning. I hate when he does that. "I offered you but you said no. Too late- Ryan! What can I get you tonight?"