Chapter Ten: Stories of Nightmares

(An image that goes with the story.)

Koda invited us to play a game with the other bears, I agreed and Awan followed behind me. We sat with the other bears as Koda began, Hmm, the most interesting thing that happened to me this year was...Hm, Oh! I found a wolf lost in the forest and I offered to take her to her destination. On the way we met another wolf, encounter some humans then made our way to the salmon run. Now who's next? Me! Me! Shouted some cubs. I want to go. Some others shouted as well then Koda tossed a fish where someone caught it telling a story about how they found the worlds largest fish ever. He tossed it where another bear caught telling their story. Then as they threw it I accidentally caught it, in my mouth. Uh, Who's next? I asked awkwardly but Koda laughed and told me, Come on Kez, you caught, you tell it. Oh, Um, the most interesting thing I did this year? I met Koda he's the nicest guy I ever met and I also got Awan to loosen up. I added when I saw him frowning. I tossed it then Awan caught it in his teeth. He smiled, The most interesting thing that happened to me this summer is when my pack and I were attacked by humans. I saw that some of the bears gotten scared as he continued, She had went out because she had to get food for her pups. The others came out as soon as we heard her cry for help. We kept snaring at them telling them to leave her and her pups alone but they kept trying to jab us with their weapons. So the alpha ordered us to attack they both began to flee but one was slower than the other so the pack attacked him. The female was fine but my other pack mate left for a hunt, from what I heard he had heard something and went to check it out and was separated but I believe he's still out there. I began to leave unable to take the guilt anymore, What have I done?