Prologue

(In my story Denahi is an old man like in the beginning of Brother Bear, he had his children and this is about his grand children and Keezheehkoni.)

I was in my tent getting ready for the morning when two men came in telling me that there was a fire nearby the village. I quickly followed them and a few others, once we found it the village was...destroyed, there was bloody corpses everywhere and it was burnt to the ground I started muttering a small prayer when I heard something. I turned my head to see a small child about the age of three. She was looking at us like we were going to hurt her. I knelt beside her then told everyone to try to find more survivors. They nodded but I could tell that they were worried for me. I then asked her, Are you alright,little one. She just glared at me saying nothing. Can you tell me what happened? I asked in a gentle tone. Still nothing, I looked up to see someone calling my name, There were no more survivors. I sighed then said lets take her back to the village. They all nodded then someone tried to pick her up to which she tried struggling and even trying to bit their hands. I quickly took her from then she seemed to calm down a bit but was still hostile. Once we returned I layed a few skins down but she was already asleep. I watched a bit, she looked so peaceful finally I fell asleep but I was awoken the next morning but someone yelling I got up to see that my son,Enyeto, was yelling at her I quickly told him that she was an orphan that we had found, he then told me that she was looking at me oddly but reassured him that she was just scared. He just sighed but said nothing after that. I then asked her for her name but she told me that she does not remember it. I thought for a moment then said, Keezheehkoni, since you act like a burning fire. She gave me a look but she told me, I like it. I smiled, Keezheehkoni soon met my grand children and they bonded but I worried about a prophecy that I was told long ago, Little did I know could mean nothing about blood.