Part 2 of 2

"I've never been to the beach Daddy." Rafe says holding my hand tightly in his hand.
"Really?" I say suprised.
"Really." Rafe says.
"It's fun. I promise." I say, "That's how me and mommy met each other, at the beach."
Maverick looked back at me smiling in her bikini coverup.
"Dont go too far ok!" She says ruffling his hair and kissed him.
"Yesm." Rafe says smiling and runs ankle deep into the water. Maverick is peeling off her coverup and I was taking off my shirt laying it on her towel as she sat beside me on mine.
"He's just like us." She says smiling.
"A little yeah." I say feeling her head against my chest watching Rafe together. I laughed as he picked up wet sand and smacked it onto his face.
"Rafe!!" Mav shouted, "No, don't eat the sand!"
He nodded and I chuckled.
"He's a curious little bugger isn't he?" I say smiling as he got splashed, but he was a big boy and didnt cry.
"Daddy?" Rafe calls running up to us, "Daddy will you come play with me?"
"Sure." I say patting Mav's head, "Gotta get up babe."
"Okay." She says smiling.
I follow behind Rafe as he runs knee deep into the water.
"Hold me please?" He says.
"Ok." I say picking him up and holding him on my side my sunglasses securely on.
"Do you love mommy?" He asks me as we wade into the deeper area.
"I love her alot Rafe." I say smiling.
He smiles too.
"I want to share mommy with you." Rafe says.
I smiled. Rafe was so adorable. And a total mommas boy.
"This far enough?" I ask.
"Yes sir." Rafe replies arms around my neck. I noticed some waves coming in.
"Hold on buddy."
"I am." He says.
The wave came in and I held onto Rafe tightly as it hit us using my body to shield Rafe from it. Rafe got salt water in his eyes and he began to cry. I turned placing my hand against the back of his head resting my chin against his head talking to him quietly.
"It hurts.." Rafe said.
"Your okay. Your a big boy." I say smiling kissing the top of his head. I took him back to shore letting him run up to Maverick laying on her towel. Rafe went to Maverick and she sat up brushing hair out of his face.
"Look at the sky with your eyes babe." She says as I watch. Maverick was looking for signs of irritation on his eyes.
"Mom?" He says as he looks up.
"It's ok. Mommy's just checking your eyes to see if you got any sand in them." She says so calmly.
"Okay." He says sweetly.
"You can look at me now honey." She says smiling ruffling his hair, "Wanna play in the pool?"
"Yeah!Yeah!Yeah!" Rafe exclaims jumping up and down.