|2/2|

I followed Maverick through the doorway as Rafe came running to Mav first. I smiled kneeling as he came to me next and let him wrap his small arms around my neck talking to him.
"He was very well behaved Alice." Leena said smiling handing Mav his backpack.
"Thanks Leena." She says shrugging it over her shoulders.
"Look at how much you have grown son." Said a familiar voice.
I grabbed Rafe forcing him behind me when he grabbed my leg tightly trying to hide behind it.
"Stay behind me son." I say smiling at little Rafe.
"You shouldn't be here..." Mav says to Rafe Wilson.
"He's mine isn't he?" Rafe says to Mav and I.
Mav stood speechless and stock still. My posture changed as I asked Leena to take little Rafe to the back room.
"He is my son isnt he?!"
"No!" I say stepping up, "He's Alice's baby Rafe. She gave birth to him and kept him even after you were so called dead."
Rafes little hands tightened around my leg causing me to go into daddy bear mode.
"You had your chance Wilson." I snarled, "And you blew it after going off into the air force. Rafe jr is not yours anymore."
"You have no idea what I went through to get here..Alice honey, babie, Please?" He says to her.
"No Rafe. Tom's right. You had your chance.." She backs me up continuing as tears trickled, "I waited for you! I was alone and pregnant. Trapped and pregnant with a "deadman"'s baby! You left us Rafe Wilson! You aren't fit to be Rafes daddy!"
"I was the father so it wasnt your choice to make Ali!" He shouts angry.
"Any fool can make a baby Wilson. But, it takes a man to raise a child." I hiss.
Rafe Wilson glares at me.
"So you're the one?" He asks.
"I am. If I know what your talking about." I say defensive.
"The one she married and has custody over him." He says.
"I am." I repeat, "And I haven't left his side from day one. And he's called me daddy ever since."
"I was gonna marry her you know?" He says inching closer as little Rafe pulls me back into him even more.
"You were late." I say, "So I got her instead."
"You don't know what your dealing with man." He says, "Shes a whore. She'll leave you once Rafe is old enough to write and will go find another guy claiming the same thing she did with me...With you."
I lunged fists drawn little Rafe running to Mav as I slammed Rafe Wilson into the wall punching him. I pinned him back getting in his face.
"Don't you EVER!!! Come near my family Rafe Wilson. You understand?" I growl shoving him higher against the wall, "Because I will goddamn kill you Rafe Wilson, no matter what the law says about killing."
"Fine.." He said looking at Mav calming a crying Little Rafe Tom Kazansky Jr in her arms softly singing, "FINE. You'll never see me again."
"Good." I say letting him go and he walked away looking back for a few minutes as I joined Mav rubbing little Rafes back softly. Rafe Wilson stormed off...And for good.