|2/2|

My arms were protectively around her as we both slept.
"Mommy???" A small voice called from the darkness.
Alice shifted and I kissed her quickly.
"Whats wrong bubsie?" She asks as I shift over onto my side.
"I had a bad dream." He says sadly, "About you and daddy.."
"Me and daddy?" She says.
"Yeah. My real daddy." He says. I heard Alice gasp shaking the bed. My eyes flew open but I stayed still.
"How about you get in bed with us Rafe?" She says, "Who you wanna sleep next to tonight?"
"Mommy." He says.
"Okay then." She says picking him up and scooting over next to me. I turned over and she relaxed back into me holding Rafe as I put my arms around them.
"I love you daddy." He says to me smiling.
"I love you too bubsie." I say smiling.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
-hours later-
Rafe was whimpering crying in Alice's arms. I woke to her holding him standing humming to him. I watched her, how tender and caring she was with him. It was beautiful. She rubbed his back kissing his forehead walking away, she was probably taking him back to bed now. I closed my eyes and relaxed into sleep. She came back slipping into bed beside me cuddling up with me. I smiled feeling her soft breaths against my neck as I gave into sleep again. I entangled my fingers with Alices under my pillow.