Chapter Eighteen - The truth

😭 Bella's POV 😭

Standing before me were Jacob, Jack & the girls. The people responsible for posting that photo & something more from the looks of it were standing before me after Kesha called them. All but Emily were wearing the similar victorious smirk, but I don't fudging care. I stood there shocked as ever watching the people in front  of me.

" Loss of words, ain't we ? " Kesha asked smugly. Why did they do that? I mean most of you guys would think that I'm acting pathetic or blah blah but why? They were meant to be on my good side. The girls were supposed to be my BFFs, Jacob my boyfriend & Jack the boyfriend of a close friend. Not the other way. They weren't meant to be on my bad side plotting my humiliation behind closed doors while being a good person in front of me.

I need to know their reason why they posted that picture & what they would gain from my humiliation. On cue as if hearing my thoughts she continued,

" You're really dump, you know that right?  I mean I don't even know what made you believe as when we asked you that day outta the blue-" the memories of that day flooded back in my mind.

         * flashback *

It was my 2nd month since I started the school, & I was walking down in the hallways returning from lunch to my next class. I was about to turn to the left corner when I heard someone shouting. "Hey nerd! I said wait up where do you think You are going!"  I glanced to the direction of the voice to see that it was from Kesha the Queen of the school who was walking towards me with her other three followers.

Kesha and her three friends Riley, Emily & Emma are the top four cheerleaders of the school's basketball team. They are always together and you mightn't be able to see them on person most of the time. I heard that the bully some people but as far I know for two month they haven't said anything to me, well that seems like to change right now.

"Hey did you call me?" I tried to ask nicely. For a moment she glared at me but then she soften her eyes and said,
"Of course I did, I just want to ask you sth."  "O-ok w-what is it?" "I see that you don't have friends and-" "hey I do have a friend ok?" "ok pardon me, I meant you don't have many friends so we would like you to be our friend"

Wow ok this is getting very confusing why do they what to be my friend? "Why do you want to be my friend?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"Oh Bella it's bc you are pretty and a good girl so we," she said pointing on each of the four "would like to be your friends, right girls?" "Yes of course!"

And people that's how I ended up being their friend.

*end of flashback*

Wow! Was I really that naïve yo believe that they actually wanted to be my friend without any questioning especially after they first yelled at me to stop with a snap? I always knew I could sometimes be stupid but I never guessed it would go to this exterior.

" - & to think that Jacob will like someone like you? Pfft! " this statement of hers caught my attention. Knowing she got my undivided attention, she continued.

" C'mon what intrigued you to even think that he will like you for the fat shit you're? Do you always believe in fairytale stories or were you just too damn naïve to think otherwise? Maybe you were seeking too much for attention to notice you were being tricked."

By the end of her wicked speech I was gasping with shock while covering my mouth not to let my shouting float out loud than it already has. I turned my head to Jacob still not covered from the shock waiting for him to try & deny the fact that Kesha said he didn't like me. He didn't sense my stare because he was busy ogling at Kesha. But she might have however sensed it because she butted in again this time the speech more directed to the girls.