His Room

(Harper's POV)

I looked up at Jona with "Chasing Red" in my hands, the slick cover under my fingertips. His chestnut hair amess on top his head. He looked at me with those crystal blue eyes and freckles and I saw a slight smile across his face. What was he thinking? I swiped my hair behind my ears and looked back down at the book I'm my hands. I don't know why, but he seemed so cute sitting there. I've been growing really close to him, and I don't know why, but something started to change. We hung out a lot more, mainly at his house, and tonight, I was sleeping over. My "mom", Angelise, and "sister", Mae, were going to Angelise's Dad's, and I didn't want to go. So I'm staying with Jona this weekend. I had no idea why, but I wanted to hug him. He chuckled and layed back down in his bed, but didn't pick up his controller. I put his book back and sat next to him.
"Hey, Jona..." I was a little hesitant. He would probably think what I'm about to say is weird.
"Yea, Harp?"
"Can I lay with you?"
He sat up and pulled me close and hugged me. "Of course..." He wrapped his arms around me and I layed next to him. He was so warm. I curled up in his arms and fell asleep. His room was like my new home.