Chapter 7 |an Idea|

A few days later, someone knocked on her door.

Sophie poked her head out of her kitchen as they knocked again. She placed her half finished bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch on the coffee table before answering.

Fitz stood there, smiling. Keefe was leaning against the wall, scrolling through something on his phone.

"Hey Sophie."

"Hey," Sophie responded slowly.

"We're you going to do something later?" Fitz questioned.

He should know by now that her daily schedule was not filled with adventure, no matter how much she wanted it to be.

"Not really. Unless Biana comes by again, I guess."

Fitz grinned. "Great, so, we're going to the State Fair later tonight and I was wondering if wanted to come along."

A State Fair. Sophie remembered going to one in California with her foster parents when she was younger. She had eaten so much corn...

Sophie eventually shrugged. "Yeah, sure, I guess."

Keefe looked up from his phone then. "There are going to be a lot of people."

"And?" Sophie narrowed her eyes at him. "That won't be a problem for me."

Of course it would.

"Okay," Fitz clapped his hands , grinning. "We'll be leaving at about seven. See you then."

With that he let Sophie close the door. He was still grinning.

Keefe yawned. "You seem excited."

"It'll be the first time Sophie goes to the fair, Keefe," Fitz explained.

"I'm pretty sure she's already been to one before."

Fitz rolled his eyes. "But not like this."

Keefe watched Fitz walk away, alone outside of Sophie's apartment door.

She would be in for a surprise.

But so would he.

(He as in Keefe.)
(Understand?)
(Good.)